IGNORED

CinciClassic

Songbird

quote:

Originally posted by Songbird:

So is no one reading this board going to CinciClassic? Or are there very few readers/posters here?

Jaguar fans have JI2 as a primary hangout, but it's much harder to find a dedicated Lynx site...

I won't be going to CinciClassic, not because I don't want to, but for one big reason: That weekend (November 9-11) I'll be busy driving a moving truck from California to Austin, Texas. I'd much rather be hanging out with fellow classic gamers, trust me!!

You're right, the Lynx message board right now doesn't attract a lot of attention. Hopefully this will change over time, especially once we get the Lynx section online (it's next in the queue.. )

..Al

Definitely bring cash. Checks should be fine, too. Songbird isn't a large enough business to justify a typical credit card reader and account.

Thanks for the tip on the 2600 thread. I'm sure people will be there, but I'm specifically looking for Lynx fans who are planning on buying CyberVirus at the show.

And yeah, get that Lynx section online, willya?

On a note about shows closer to the other side...I agree. I have been toying with the idea of starting a small classic show here in Tulsa. Afterall, it is centrally located, we have cheap hotels, varied but decent priced restaurants...etc.

Perhaps Alex and Al would care to assist?

hehe.. But seriously we need a show here in the midwest for which one doesn't currently exist.

Well...I wouldn't have kept up to date on Jagfest since I haven't a Jag currently. And I know that while there is some classic stuff at the Jagfests...most of it is the Jag. When was that show? I think it took place just after I got into collecting big time and really keeping up to date on this stuff. Also where was JagFest 2K held in Texas?

quote:

Originally posted by Songbird:

Then you must have missed JagFest 2000, which was held in Texas.

Oh, the pain! I see it was held here in Austin, also. That was a pretty hectic time in my life, and I may have been out in California interviewing at TiVo that weekend (it was somewhere around that time frame). I also hadn't gotten back into the Jaguar scene at that time, although if I had known about this even and wasn't busy I surely would have gone.

..Al

It seems quite likely that JagFest2K2 will be held in St. Louis -- a fairly central location.

Each JagFest certainly features more than just the Jag, but I do admit the Jag and Lynx get the lion's share of attention. But we also have classic systems, Nin/Sega stuff, NUON players, even some laserdic games at the last one IIRC.

It seems quite likely that JagFest2K2 will be held in St. Louis -- a fairly central location.

Each JagFest certainly features more than just the Jag, but I do admit the Jag and Lynx get the lion's share of attention. But we also have classic systems, Nin/Sega stuff, NUON players, even some laserdic games at the last one IIRC.