IGNORED

Atari 800 some keys not working

So I've got this 800 and some of the keys do not work.

I've tested the keyboard on another 800 and all keys test good.

I've tested another keyboard on this 800 and same problem -- the keyboard has been ruled out.

I've swapped the CPU and ROM boards with a known good 800 and that doesn't change behavior. CPU and ROM boards ruled out.

Swapped out memory board without luck. Memory ruled out.

I've swapped the POKEY and nothing. POKEY ruled out.

I've check for obvious broken solder joins on the keyboard pin header, and reflowed the pins without luck.

Are there any other ICs (like logic chips) that are known to be troublesome on the 800?

Most of the keys works, but BREAK and ENTER (and maybe a couple others) do not. Weird!

check the keyboard connector itself, the contact swipes in its' slot, and the leads going into the board are not snapped or broken,  the support chips next provided no components look damaged, cracked or burnt as well as solder looking nice with no flecks laying about shorting things

Edited by _The Doctor__

@mattsoftAs the doctor says, check the keyboard support chips next for socket damage, etc. These are the 2 x 4051 chips to the right of the pia (6520) chip. Replacing them is cheap and easy as they are still readily available to buy from any IC supplier, as well as eBay, but make sure you are happy with the sockets and vias, traces on the board. The 800 build quality is excellent, but these are over 40 years old. Socket and chip leg oxidation can impede contact. You can reseat chips like the 4051s but pressing down initially, lifting them slightly with an appropriate IC tool, them press down on them again. 

Edited by Beeblebrox