IGNORED

Firmware update suggestions

Id suggest any update, anything at all.

I love the 400 mini, but Im afraid its probably a dead product in Retrogames eyes.

We may see a new firmware for "The C64", or a new full size system before this device.

Look, they went out of the gate with a broken version of M.U.L.E.. They give a workaround on the site, but they should at least put that fix in a firmware.

Retro games folks, at least placate us and make us think you care, slightly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, masseo1 said:

Id suggest any update, anything at all.

I love the 400 mini, but Im afraid its probably a dead product in Retrogames eyes.

We may see a new firmware for "The C64", or a new full size system before this device.

Look, they went out of the gate with a broken version of M.U.L.E.. They give a workaround on the site, but they should at least put that fix in a firmware.

Retro games folks, at least placate us and make us think you care, slightly.

And this is why, many of us here said the product would be shit before it came out.  We were called haters, or old men yelling at clouds.  Well look what has happened.  Another sub standard, unfinished, turd of a product is out, further making people believe this is exactly how shitty the hardware was when new.

People - you HAVE to start voting with your wallets.  The more of this e-waste that is bought, the more they will keep making without giving two shits about quality of said product.

Also, maybe stop calling some of the naysayers, most of whom have been in the community longer than the intended buyers of these products, that we are too harsh, hate anything new, etc.  Some of us are actually trying to warn of what we know will happen because we have seen it time and time again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Would a firmware update be beneficial? Absolutely. And I hope Retro Games continues to support the mini. Having said that, in no way do I regret buying this, and has more than served its purpose for me. I currently have a collection of over 400 roms that work well and I play regularly. Some tweaks are required, like disengaging the CXSTICK ring, choosing the right emulator, and manual display adjustments. All take a bit of time. I've also had luck using the micro-switch C64 joystick which is more percise than the CXSTICK. To me this demonstrates there are work-arounds to some of the mini's issues. 

Edited by ErikDavid
  • Thanks 1

The firmware update is definitely required. Fixing not-fully-functional keyboard, access to _full_ Atari resolution and 128K memory, adding global machine settings of the above - that's simply "a must".

Other things would be a really good and welcomed addition, like 2 Pokeys + 1Mb of RAM (320 KB _at least_).

There are being released for Atari 8bit programs like this https://youtu.be/UuWEEms1IX4?feature=shared and we would like to see it on the Mini.