IGNORED

DataBioTics label attachment question

I have been going through and making replacement labels for my cartridges which have damaged or missing labels.  I was about to sit down and work on Micro-Pinball (II in the game, but not the label,) when I realized, hey, Micro-Tennis has the same label but in a different position.  I thought MP was missing an end label up to that point.

Can someone tell me which of these cartridges has its label in the proper position?

DBTMicroTennisPinballLabels.thumb.JPG.49e2f50baec4a70af0f06f730aa80258.JPG

On 4/11/2024 at 12:37 AM, OLD CS1 said:

I have been going through and making replacement labels for my cartridges which have damaged or missing labels.  I was about to sit down and work on Micro-Pinball (II in the game, but not the label,) when I realized, hey, Micro-Tennis has the same label but in a different position.  I thought MP was missing an end label up to that point.

Can someone tell me which of these cartridges has its label in the proper position?

DBTMicroTennisPinballLabels.thumb.JPG.49e2f50baec4a70af0f06f730aa80258.JPG

Placement of the later style DataBioTics labels was a bit hit-and-miss. I have seen a lot of them with the large-style labels on the top (like the right-hand cartridge) and a smaller number with the label across the front of the cartridge (like the left-hand label). Both placements are period-correct, so I would just use the method that looks best to you when making replacements. Note also that a lot of DBT cartridges had earlier end-label variants, which were of much higher production quality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Placement of the later style DataBioTics labels was a bit hit-and-miss. I have seen a lot of them with the laarge-style labels on the top (like the right-hand cartridge) and a smaller number with the label across the front of the cartridge (like the left-hand label). Both placements are period-correct, so I would just use the method that looks best to you when making replacements. Note also that a lot of DBT cartridges had earlier end-label variants, which were of much higher production quality.

That makes sense.  I do not see any reason to replace these two, in particular.  I actually thought the MP label was missing until I pulled them all out.  It feels like its label is pretty well attached to the top and I might not be able to remove or move it without causing damage, so I think it can stay.  Maybe I will use my larger label maker to do a better end label for viewing in the case.

I made a nice-looking replacement for Beyond Parsec, but the one on it now I made back in around 1989.  I think it can stay for a while.

I have several DBT carts with the nicer labels.

MBXand3dPartCarts.thumb.JPG.3b3b34234d19536265e1b8ecca60d5b8.JPG

• Like 2