IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Weeks 14/15/16 ~ HomeBrew Weeks!

On 4/25/2024 at 8:02 PM, Mikey50 said:

I have downloaded them but when I try to open to play them the screen is black with a buzzing noise. I have stella and never had a problem before its weird

Your browser may be flagging the files as a virus and not downloading them (see if the file size is zero).  If this is the case, you can override the browser and force it to download the full file.  Look at the thread I posted to your earlier question.

If you don't have the latest stella, you may want to update that also. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Warzownd said:

Juno First 166400, so good.

Also, kinda wacky to be the 3rd Jason in the top 6 of a gaming group. Are there more Jason's? 🤣

Juno First 166400.png

Yeah it is a big coincidence considering Jason isn't a very common name 😀

• Like 1

Well, given this apears to be becoming a bit of a "Jason fest" , it's probably a good time to post my improvement in Juno First. This might be one of my favourite blasters on any platform. Even allowing for the 32k ROM, I'm really not sure how this was done on the 2600.

Juno First (2009)_3.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Nowadays Jason is listed as the 145th most popular boy baby name according to one site I checked.  Although that does not reflect the popularity around the time HSC members would have been born, if we assume it approximates it and that only males participate in the HSC, if my statistics are right (they probably aren't) that would mean around a one in three million chance of three guys named Jason in a random group of six.  Of course the name may have been a lot more popular during the relevant era, and backward-looking odds do not necessarily indicate an incredible coincidence (maybe a better measure would be the odds that any moderately common name would be represented three times in a group of six; or taking the first Jason as a given, the odds of a second and third Jason appearing, which would be like 1 in 21,000 assuming current popularity).  Still... pretty cool. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Oops, in the Jason odds post I forgot to account for the need to adjust based on the nationality breakdown on Atariage/HSC, which may make a Jasonfest even less likely.  But then there is the turnover/replacement rate, determining the number of opportunities for this to occur at least once at some point.  Plus the correlation between first name and interests along with likely causative factors.  Come to think of it, every Jason I have ever known has been a major video gamer.  So maybe this was actually inevitable, ending my fascination with the triple-Jason representation situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Jasonhrb said:

Well, given this apears to be becoming a bit of a "Jason fest" , it's probably a good time to post my improvement in Juno First. This might be one of my favourite blasters on any platform. Even allowing for the 32k ROM, I'm really not sure how this was done on the 2600.

Juno First (2009)_3.png

It's definitely becoming my favorite homebrew, agreed man. And I'll see you at Jason Fest 2025!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

Nowadays Jason is listed as the 145th most popular boy baby name according to one site I checked.  Although that does not reflect the popularity around the time HSC members would have been born, if we assume it approximates it and that only males participate in the HSC, if my statistics are right (they probably aren't) that would mean around a one in three million chance of three guys named Jason in a random group of six.  Of course the name may have been a lot more popular during the relevant era, and backward-looking odds do not necessarily indicate an incredible coincidence (maybe a better measure would be the odds that any moderately common name would be represented three times in a group of six; or taking the first Jason as a given, the odds of a second and third Jason appearing, which would be like 1 in 21,000 assuming current popularity).  Still... pretty cool. 

12 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

Oops, in the Jason odds post I forgot to account for the need to adjust based on the nationality breakdown on Atariage/HSC, which may make a Jasonfest even less likely.  But then there is the turnover/replacement rate, determining the number of opportunities for this to occur at least once at some point.  Plus the correlation between first name and interests along with likely causative factors.  Come to think of it, every Jason I have ever known has been a major video gamer.  So maybe this was actually inevitable, ending my fascination with the triple-Jason representation situation.

If you want to narrow down your Jason statistics some more I was born in 1972 and I'm from Australia 🙂

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jason_Atari said:

If you want to narrow down your Jason statistics some more I was born in 1972 and I'm from Australia 🙂

And I'm born 1974 in and from the UK

Edited by Jasonhrb
  • Like 1