IGNORED

New Product: Atari 2600 MCP (Master Console Protector) taking names, limited first run

OK awesome. This first batch is confirmed to work with the light sixer, vader, and 7800..   The next iteration will include the Coleco Gemini and almost certainly 2600 JR include it as well.  

I'd be super curious to know how it fits in your other systems if they are accessible and it's not too much trouble.  If I can identify problem children, I might look to acquire those as well if they are not too precious to buy.  the JR was $25 (untested, but that's ok) 

I also have to find someone who has the 2600 MCP to see if they own a 2600+ as I'm curious about that one too..  I can't justify buying a $130 console that I will never use (I'm a CRT / Composite mod guy) so I'm hoping it just works or I can borrow one from someone in our local retro community who won't mind lending it to me for a few days to iterate on.  

55 minutes ago, SuperZapperRecharge said:

I have a 2600+. I'm sure a lot of people getting the MCP have a 2600+

Yea I know it's popular.  It is a nice device for sure.  I hope we see more systems like this for other platforms.  We'll see.  

We have a few left over after all the preorders were completed.  it's out on etsy and ebay if you have a preference.  of course you can always PM me directly but some folks prefer going through a store.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1731817579/atari-2600-mcp-master-console-protector

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116184371375

14 hours ago, YexxenBlaster said:

Only ONE person has made a Tron joke so far?? Blasphemy.

lol

14 hours ago, YexxenBlaster said:

If I had an Atari, then I'd get this, but I don't so...

Well if you do have a system I probably have an MCP for it too or one coming soon :)