IGNORED

USB Dual Shock, 360 (for Robotwar/Tutankham)

JCat

Just wondering if anyone had success using a standard XB360 or Dual Shock controller 's second stick for directional fire (emulating a twin stick)?

Edited by JCat

9 hours ago, JCat said:

Just wondering if anyone had success using a standard XB360 or Dual Shock controller 's second stick for directional fire (emulating a twin stick)?

I use a Unijoysticle2 with a Dualsense.

The Box needs external USB Power (not on C64 but the 2600+ fails to provide enough power on the joy ports). It conects via extension cables to both joystick ports and the controller via Bluetooth. You can either connect two controllers or one and press a button for enhanced mode (Port 1 left stick, Port 2 right stick).

The original version works fine but is not sold anymore, the new versions are special per system:

https://retro.moe/unijoysticle2/

Pin 5 and 9 on the joy port are used for paddles and in different ways for A/B, 2nd, 3rd buttons on A7800, C64, Amiga, 800XL

The C64 Version supports 2nd and 3rd button on C64. They function as A/B on my real 7800 but on the 2600+ yout get continues fire presses, so it can't be used.

The 800XL version has got this problem even on a real 7800. The A500 version I don't know, could check how the 2600+ reacts to my Joystick in Amiga mode🤔

In the pic you see my working setup.

20231215_173516.jpg

20231215_173425.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the reply. I stupidly failed to mention I meant the PC version as I'm purchasing a few of Champ Games digital versions. That's an interesting device for the C64/2600.  

I managed to get the PS5 Dual Sense and Xbox 360 pad to use the second stick on Stella. A bit of a process. You have to keep your input on auto-detect, then it allows you to change the mapping of the sticks.  Once that's done, you have to change the inputs to Joysticks (it won't work if you leave it on auto-detect. Hopefully that will help someone else who's curious.

Edited by JCat