IGNORED

Star Wars - Millenium Falcon Raid (River Raid Hack)

What a fun hack. I love the mini Death Star bridges. I don't know anything about hacking games but I wonder if there's a way to offer two types of usable ships.

Example..... Difficulty level switch on "A" you control the Millennium Falcon.... Difficulty switch on "B" you can control an X-Wing.

I'm getting crazy "Death Star trench run" vibes seeing this hack.

Can I put this on a cartridge so I could try playing it using my Cosmic Commander Controller?

Posted (edited)

Get a Harmony cartridge or Harmony Encore cartridge and you can put this, and tons of othe games, on the cartridges using a Micro-SD card. In fact you can put every game made for the Atari 2600 on there. It's awesome. I orignally had the Harmony and got it upgraded to the Harmony Encore. Loving it!

Edited by magnusfalkirk

6 minutes ago, magnusfalkirk said:

Get a Harmony cartridge or Harmony Encore cartridge and you can put this, and tons of othe games, on the cartridges using a Micro-SD card. In fact you can put every game made for the Atari 2600 on there. It's awesome. I orignally had the Harmony and got it upgraded to the Harmony Encore. Loving it!

Yeah, I do know about those Harmony carts and such. 

My problem is....... I don't own a computer or any type of emulator. I pretty much only play on original hardware. I do have a emulator app on my cell phone which I use to try things out, but playing on a touchscreen cell phone doesn't work too well.

I haven't needed a computer in a long time considering everything to be done with phones and tablets these days. Well...... Almost everything. I can't transfer files from my cell phone onto a Harmony cart yet 😂

In the past I've had friends offer to sell me a Encore which has been preloaded, I just haven't jumped on the opportunity yet.

Screenshot_2024-05-01-10-10-39-11_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, magnusfalkirk said:

If an emulator on your phone works for you have fun with it. I don't know any other way to get this game on a cartridge, unless you could get your friend to add this to the Harmony and then you buy it.

I figured I would ask.

There's actually a few ways to order custom cartridges. AtariAge actually offers a custom cartridge service through their online shop. Also, Repentless Games will sometimes do custom cartridges as well (if they have the time to do it).

Both places won't do it without first seeing/receiving permission from the creator (which in my opinion is very honorable of them).

It's no biggie...... I've been able to get custom cartridges made in the past for other hacks, so I just figured I would ask 🤷‍♂️

Either way...... Props to the creator of this one. Definitely a fun idea 😎

Edited by Skwrl63
Spelling

On 5/1/2024 at 12:01 PM, Skwrl63 said:

What a fun hack. I love the mini Death Star bridges. I don't know anything about hacking games but I wonder if there's a way to offer two types of usable ships.

Example..... Difficulty level switch on "A" you control the Millennium Falcon.... Difficulty switch on "B" you can control an X-Wing.

I'm getting crazy "Death Star trench run" vibes seeing this hack.

Can I put this on a cartridge so I could try playing it using my Cosmic Commander Controller?

On 5/1/2024 at 2:12 PM, TrekMD said:

Cool hack!  Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you're enjoying it and thank you for the feedback. I'm improving the Millenium Falcon, maybe setting it in another location, like the Mos Esley desert or maybe leaving it in the trenches of the death star again. I'm also going to make a small change to the sound effects. An X-Wing version is also coming, here are some screenshots.

Capturadetelaem2024-05-0423-36-44.thumb.png.e43130a1df7adcfb2e035c66ef362021.png

Capturadetela_2024-05-04_23-55-46.thumb.png.73885b56c929af1a4ff6b11655d22302.png

Captura de tela_2024-05-06_11-43-53.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Nice work!  I had wanted to do something similar as my second hack but I never got past (failing at) designing the x-wing sprite to my satisfaction.   The choice of using the Falcon instead was a great idea!  Is there a way to change the houses/trees on the side?

Edited by LatchKeyKid

8 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Nice work!  I had wanted to do something similar as my second hack but I never got past (failing at) designing the x-wing sprite to my satisfaction.   The choice of using the Falcon instead was a great idea!  Is there a way to change the houses/trees on the side?

Thanks. The answer is yes, check out the video:

• Like 1