IGNORED

Three-ring binder cartridge holders

Does anyone in los Estados Unidos have a couple or few spares of the three-ring binder cartridge holders used by TI in its library binders with which they would part for a reasonable price?

41 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Does anyone in los Estados Unidos have a couple or few spares of the three-ring binder cartridge holders used by TI in its library binders with which they would part for a reasonable price?

I understand your pain here. Existence of one or more of those in a lot that is otherwise on the wrong side of acceptable price-wise will tip me into attempting to purchase said lot. . .those cartridge holders are great.

9 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Has anyone mapped one out? And would it be worth it to 3D print one? All tho that is big thing to print might not be worth the cost and would need a larger format printer bed as well.

I am working with a customer in his free time to do a 3D scan of one so I can see about shopping around a couple of small run production houses.  They do not accept STLs, so I have to do some conversion (or native build) in something like AutoCAD.

5 hours ago, evg2000 said:

is there an image of one? just wondering what they look like

The three-ring holes are filled with a removable nub.  In combination with the three nubs as shown (as up the edge,) these can be held in place behind the ring spine, or remove those three nubs and insert the holder into the rings.  In this example, the cart holder is held in place behind the ring spine.

Binder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5660.thumb.JPG.f18802ec5cb2e4597aedd9d15dd198a2.JPGBinder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5659.thumb.JPG.e797ce82cef26eaa1cd40205de03cf41.JPGBinder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5658.thumb.JPG.9a386fac4fcedb4113e9ec110d5dc5bc.JPGBinder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5657.thumb.JPG.66df245f3551292d27d4a17f85e0c14b.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OLD CS1 said:

The three-ring holes are filled with a removable nub.  In combination with the three nubs as shown (as up the edge,) these can be held in place behind the ring spine, or remove those three nubs and insert the holder into the rings.  In this example, the cart holder is held in place behind the ring spine.

Binder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5660.thumb.JPG.f18802ec5cb2e4597aedd9d15dd198a2.JPGBinder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5659.thumb.JPG.e797ce82cef26eaa1cd40205de03cf41.JPGBinder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5658.thumb.JPG.9a386fac4fcedb4113e9ec110d5dc5bc.JPGBinder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5657.thumb.JPG.66df245f3551292d27d4a17f85e0c14b.JPG

Is there not a different model that can handle cassette tapes as well or does it handle both. I sadly don't have a binder right now with one.

41 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Is there not a different model that can handle cassette tapes as well or does it handle both. I sadly don't have a binder right now with one.

It does not hold a cassette in place very well (well enough, though.)

Binder_Cart_Holder-IMG_5662.thumb.JPG.a1c931386e82a7874675b7f7b602dfe6.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ksarul said:

And a stack of two of these nicely fills a standard TI binder. . .storing 8 cartridges or tapes.

Yup.  And I have four extra TI binders (actually seven, but three are now in use,) and I would looooove to put some of my dupes or more precious carts in binders.

One important thing to note about these cartridge holders is they hold all black cartridges very well.  However, beige cartridges are often just a fraction narrower so some of them are loose enough to fall out.  This affects my beige Microsoft Multiplan, but not my Editor/Asssembler.

10 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yup.  And I have four extra TI binders (actually seven, but three are now in use,) and I would looooove to put some of my dupes or more precious carts in binders.

One important thing to note about these cartridge holders is they hold all black cartridges very well.  However, beige cartridges are often just a fraction narrower so some of them are loose enough to fall out.  This affects my beige Microsoft Multiplan, but not my Editor/Asssembler.

I suspect that if you look at your two beige cartridges, one will have the cartridge door and one will not, as the ones with the door were made in the same molds as the regular black ones. . .

9 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I suspect that if you look at your two beige cartridges, one will have the cartridge door and one will not, as the ones with the door were made in the same molds as the regular black ones. . .

I can believe that though, in my specific application, I found my Editor/Assembler cartridge is visually wider, maybe about a blonde hair, than my Microsoft Multiplan cartridge, both beige without doors.  And, of course, the cartridge holders themselves vary, to the point of being so tight on the black cartridges you have to really reef on it to release the cart.