IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 18 ~ Paddle Week 2

Have struggled a bit this week, as I just can't get into GI Joe. I think it's me rather than the game to be fair, as it's well programmed, has a great snake graphic, and offers a slightly different challenge. But for some reason, I just haven't enjoyed playing it.

Steeplechase on the other hand I've really enjoyed for equally unfathomable reasons. For all it's crudeness, I've had fun with this, and suspect it would have been a really fun multiplayer game back in the day.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Here are some scores

G.I. Joe - Cobra Strike (1983) (Parker Bros)_2.png

Steeplechase (1981) (Sears)_6.png

• Like 3

GI Joe - 21,390.  Controls feel like the shield is sliding on ice.  Super weird.  I thought I was having system issues at first.

Steeplechase - 1:32.  This game is far more fun than it should be for something so simple.

steeplechase.JPG

GIjoe.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I’d like to think I’d be a bit better at GI Joe with paddles rather than a mouse but probably not…

And I’m very bad at Steeplechase! I can see how it would be a fun party game but solo I just didn’t get on with it at all. 

GI Joe: 5720

Steeplechase: 1.59

IMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.689ddcb60d300aaeae32ccbdd4a7b7f0.jpeg

IMG_1063.thumb.jpeg.a085a756be34468641d19abb1e161759.jpeg🐌

Edited by Slider271
aligning pictures better
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Absalon said:

This plays much more accurately with the keyboard and "stella", but still feels very random to me. Is the placement of the hurdles random?

New score: 1:11

Screenshot 2024-05-17 15.18.46.png

does it play more accurately in that the keystrokes are more precise than paddle button presses and twists, or do the obstacles scroll more smoothly?

6 hours ago, UnRedeemed said:

does it play more accurately in that the keystrokes are more precise than paddle button presses and twists, or do the obstacles scroll more smoothly?

Actually both in my case. My paddles are not so good anymore. It's hard to get the up/down movement right, button is fine.

The other aspect is pal/ntsc. Using my pal console, the ntsc roms sometimes seems strange in colour and timing. Not sure if it's smoother in stella, but it's definitely faster and therefore different.

• Like 1