IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 18 ~ Paddle Week 2

What I love about paddles is the smooth control. But here, the shield will continue to move after you let go of the knob, which makes blocking shots much harder than expected. (Is this happening for anyone else? My paddles were fixed not long ago and work beautifully with any other game I play.) If not for this issue of needing to constantly adjust the shield to keep it still, I would enjoy this game a whole lot more. 

G.I. Joseph - 5,860

IMG_1601.thumb.jpeg.5038f28309d023750fc4973ad6ff82f9.jpeg

And for Steeplechase, I can’t finish a race before it times me out :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fakecortex said:

What I love about paddles is the smooth control. But here, the shield will continue to move after you let go of the knob, which makes blocking shots much harder than expected. (Is this happening for anyone else? My paddles were fixed not long ago and work beautifully with any other game I play.) If not for this issue of needing to constantly adjust the shield to keep it still, I would enjoy this game a whole lot more. 

G.I. Joseph - 5,860

IMG_1601.thumb.jpeg.5038f28309d023750fc4973ad6ff82f9.jpeg

And for Steeplechase, I can’t finish a race before it times me out :(

yes the shield keeps moving so long as the button is not depressed.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I use that problem to my advantage. For most of my game, the button is continuously pressed, releasing it only to move the shield, and pressing it down again when the shield stops in the position I anticipate a cobra bomb will drop, and occasionally rapid release-press to nudge the shield in one direction or the other. Unlike other paddle games, this title seems to warrant only slight rotation of the wheel to play effectively .. probably 15 degrees or less in either direction ... its crazy sensitive. Since TG has added the Atari 2600+ catalegory to their leaderboards and Id like to post an inaugural score there, I'll likely be posting a video to YouTube by later this afternoon with multiple cameras showing the gameplay in one frame and my paddle controller use in another frame. If I can get around to it in time for it to be helpful, I'll post the URL to the video and tag you. It's not a lot of time, but perhaps it will be enough time to be at least a little helpful. Maybe it will give you some ideas 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is the last day to post for this week.

Updating scores tomorrow morning.

Updating Overall standings tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday afternoon.

Posting a new game on Thursday... ' Beat The Leaders Week 1' and double points.

There will be 3 beat the leader weeks and then we start the Tournament!

• Like 1

GI Joe: 9500

Steeplechase: 1:29

I'm not sure what to think of GI Joe.  I'll have to remember that if I ever find myself in a situation where I am under attack by a 30 ft tall cobra and have an anti-aircraft gun nearby that the shells will not explode if I release the trigger after firing.  The constantly moving shield is odd, but something I think I'd eventually get used to with more time on the game.  Oh - and to add to the fun, I need to fix the sticky button on my paddle controller.  This caused a few issues last week with Bumper Bash, but with GI Joe, it keeps you firing when you ought to be moving your shield.

I hope to find time for another session later today.  I'd like to score that 10k shot at least once before the week is up.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ccb30cec61f9a29cd4b07068d77eb5b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f07cb566b487f00d3b765052089b4201.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Liking this game a lot more now that I’m getting a handle on it. Thanks for the tips @ZilchSr! Cramps up my hands a bit, and I still wish the controls were different, but I’m happy with my improvement :)

Yoooooo Jooooooe - 13,190

IMG_1607.thumb.jpeg.1aaa78084d3bf59e28befaed8cc77036.jpeg

I got better at Steeplechase, but I still can’t beat it. At least I’ve been able to beat the computer. @Vocelli, checking that in order to get a bonus point, you have to beat 3:00. That would make sense, but just in case you’re handing out a free point for trying…lol

• Like 3

GI Joe: 27960

Steeplechase: 1:25

Finally got a 10k point hit.  I didn't realize you have this potential every time it shoots a laser blast, but only when it does that special chirping sound.  I'd never gotten it before because the game never gave me the opportunity.

As simple as it is, Steeplechase was a fun game and would take a decent amount of practice to get the timing consistently perfect.  I found that I usually start choking bad when it abruptly changes speed.

image.thumb.jpeg.d56fe1191a08ecc9316f4bbe7860c25e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.06bd277761f5f458c5333bf6b4d30234.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

checking that in order to get a bonus point, you have to beat 3:00. That would make sense, but just in case you’re handing out a free point for trying…lol

Just post a time for some Bonus Points. 3:00 counts as a time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1