IGNORED

New Atari 8-bit game preview: Shift!

Step into the monochromatic and mind-bending universe of Shift, where black and white landscapes hide more than meets the eye!

This is a preview release. It contains the first 10 levels of the game. It is missing a few features (e.g. sound effects), and very likely contains bugs.

Get it from here: https://h4plo.itch.io/shift

ShiftAI.png

ShiftA.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Video of gameplay just listed on Atarionline.pl 

I've seen this clever engine before, with the inverse flipping between the black and white on screen. Love it. Ah yes, Flob and it's upside down flip engine, (which is a similar mechanic, but different to Shift's inverse engine), is one of the best games on the A8.

One thing - given this is 2 tone colour, I wonder why it wasn't done in gr8 hi res, with the main character highly animated? Given there is no colour, it seems idea to do gr8. 

Edit: ah, actually on closer inspection is it gr8 already, but with just the main character in a lower res? I am viewing on my mobile. 

Can't wait to boot this up on my 600xl test rig, (currently tbe only A8 I have that isn't in bits being tinkered with, or missing chips Heh Heh! 😁

Edited by Beeblebrox

9 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

One thing - given this is 2 tone colour, I wonder why it wasn't done in gr8 hi res, with the main character highly animated? Given there is no colour, it seems idea to do gr8. 

Well, but it is done in hi-res, just the main character - as a hardware sprite - is not.

• Like 1