IGNORED

FINALLY installed my F18A: best resources and demos to start?

Sorry if I unnecessarily create a new topic, but been a while since last visiting this forum as I cought up in Commodore projects instead of exploring my TI. Also has to find time and courage to install my F18A.

But FINALLY did install it, and it works! Have to still explore sounds options via DIN cable, but video looks SUPER crisp on my Iiyama CRT.

Did of course search the forum, but could not find a generic F18A Starting Guide topic or such, only a development one (which I might explore later but certainly not now directly). Did I miss one? If so, please point me to it.

If not there:

What are must have demos and programs to try? Did altready find the Zaxon and Cart demos, which look great.

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

easiest thing, search the forum for f18a

Obviously did so, but thought to find more honestly. The js99er tip already proved to be working better.

Posted (edited)

Ha, just remembered I had in my endeavors to get better picture quality for my TI-99/4a bought a TI-99/4a PAL to component AV cable a few years ago, before buying the TI PAL to SCART solution.
That cable now comes handy, perfect for extracting the audio from my TI. Yeah. Now perfect VGA picture and audio.

Edited by xahmol
  • Like 1

Question:
I note that when I reset my TI-99/4a with the reset button on my FinalGROM99, the palette of the F18A is not reset.

Is this a known issue? And if yes, anyway to reset F18A palette without a full power cycle?

Not a big nuisance, but anyway.

5 hours ago, xahmol said:

Question:
I note that when I reset my TI-99/4a with the reset button on my FinalGROM99, the palette of the F18A is not reset.

Is this a known issue? And if yes, anyway to reset F18A palette without a full power cycle?

Not a big nuisance, but anyway.

this is a feature.. there's a pallete adjusting program out there that you can use to change and it lasts until a power cycle or another change but it's easier to power cycle to reset to defaults

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arcadeshopper said:

this is a feature.. there's a pallete adjusting program out there that you can use to change and it lasts until a power cycle or another change but it's easier to power cycle to reset to defaults

Ah, ok.

It was somewhat annoying making that video though. Luckily there is a pause recording button in OBS 😉

• Like 1