IGNORED

Famicom cart issue ( repro but works on nes )

I made a couple of famicom carts using muramasa boards.. they work on my retron3 using nes to famicom..but when i plug them direct into my famicom clone ( waiting to get a real unit ) all i see is garbage.. any idea what i am missing here ? 

The clone is 99% likely the problem, not you and not your board.  Those special new boards if I remember have their own mapper scheme and setup, so perhaps, the crap clone is just too dense to read it right.  Wait on the real hardware, then test.

I was wondering if there is some data or format missing from my roms..as that clone does play real famicom carts ( just not mine )..

But i will get a real famicom as this clone won't run my disk drive system anyway..

Thanks !

Data doubtful, the clone probably just is triggering some weird coding the pirates on the clones did but it's hard to say without some evidence on a real system to back it up.  There are conversely some pirate carts that won't run on real FC hardware either despite being that format, since they coded their garbage to work on their system so it goes both ways.

• Like 1

Ok so i popped my copy of penguin kun wars ( mapper 0 ) famicom board on a famicom to nes converter and put it in a real nes...

It works :)

yet my famicom clone that plays real famicom carts like mario 3 ..won't read it...

weird