IGNORED

Top 10 Best Amiga Games of All Time - Do You Agree?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nowadays there's many more options to play the original arcade than having to put up with a poor home computer port. But on the odd occasion I use my Amiga it's to play Super Hang-On. Usually when testing some hardware project I just built in a never-ending quest to make the Amiga go faster hehe!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fordav1 said:

Nowadays there's many more options to play the original arcade than having to put up with a poor home computer port. But on the odd occasion I use my Amiga it's to play Super Hang-On. Usually when testing some hardware project I just built in a never-ending quest to make the Amiga go faster hehe!

Good choice! Super Hang on was the NUTS!!!!!

4 hours ago, fordav1 said:

What are you up to hardware-wise?

I only have a CD32 with 2 boomerang controllers, then I purchased a tf328 followed by a tf330 (ec030, no mmu for me) and then a tf360 (lc060, full version with fpu is way too expensive for my pockets).

Grew up with a 500 with KS1.2 … played with it until I needed a PC for university courses … I can tell you even the Atari ST port of Super Hang-On is not bad, but the Amiga is better at least in the sound dept. I don’t remember which one had the better frame rate (I dug em up both recently on MiSTer to compare as Hang-On non Super is not that good in retrospect).

2 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

I only have a CD32 with 2 boomerang controllers, then I purchased a tf328 followed by a tf330 (ec030, no mmu for me) and then a tf360 (lc060, full version with fpu is way too expensive for my pockets).

Grew up with a 500 with KS1.2 … played with it until I needed a PC for university courses … I can tell you even the Atari ST port of Super Hang-On is not bad, but the Amiga is better at least in the sound dept. I don’t remember which one had the better frame rate (I dug em up both recently on MiSTer to compare as Hang-On non Super is not that good in retrospect).

Also just noticed https://gurudumps.otenko.com/faq.html

Q001: Who are you and what do you do?
A: I'm known as 'Guru'. I'm a member of Mamedev (aka 'The MAME Team')

and I process and reverse-engineer arcade hardware and/or other electronic

bits and pieces. Basically I'm one of MAMEDEV's hardware guys

Thanks for all the work on mane.

Edited by phoenixdownita

OT: Not sure if the KTRL pads are still available, try and get one if so, many, many times better than the stock pad and the Boomerang ones. Remap buttons ie jump up to a button etc

14 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Amiga-wise I have one of almost everything and several of several things. There are pics on the MyStuff page on my site.

I actually rarely play with the Amigas now, moved onto other things, making pcbs etc

Edited by fordav1