IGNORED

Battlemorph - Comical Mode

doctorclu

With the fairly recent development of being able to play CD images on the Game Drive more consistently, after several years of skunking Cybermorph at around two hours, I finally get to play Battlemorph again!

One thing I've enjoyed by starting a new game and they tell you to type a name so you put in "A Name" and you get comedy mode. *

Various things change, such as the narration in the animated parts, the ship console (those two were stated elsewhere, not really seen that) but Skylar is now a guy, and has a voice similar to Kryten on Red Dwarf.

Truthfully, this should be a regular selectable feature as this makes as I like to call he/it "Skyten" WAYYYY more interesting.   I especially love it when you pick up an extra war griffin and he says "Extra WAR GRIFFIN!!!"  And sings War griffin.  So over the top and great.

I tried to run into mountains to see if he would say something like "where did you learn to fly" but that sadly did not happen.

Also sadly, the comical mode, at least under the Game Drive memory cart setup, seems to loose the comical mode when that game save is reloaded.  I should try this on a regular CD drive and see if that is also the case.

What are your experiences with the Battlemorph comical mode?

And what other hacks and cheats have you tried on Battlemorph?

(* See also the rubber chicken cheat in the CD Highlander game which I have dubbed the "Chickenlander!")

• Like 1

Yes i try it (A Name) and it was fun "cheat" or maybe option. This is a great game and i can finally play it with this latest FW upgrade and save my progress.

By the way if you end level score ****99.. you can get 2 extra ships each level.. Nice👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Truthfully, this should be a regular selectable feature as this makes as I like to call he/it "Skyten" WAYYYY more interesting.   I especially love it when you pick up an extra war griffin and he says "Extra WAR GRIFFIN!!!"  And sings War griffin.  So over the top and great.

Also sadly, the comical mode, at least under the Game Drive memory cart setup, seems to loose the comical mode when that game save is reloaded.  I should try this on a regular CD drive and see if that is also the case.

I agree, the comments of "Skyten" are funny indeed! he immediately reminded me of Data in Star Trek.

Afaik is it the same on the CD, after saving/stopping your game, next time you continue the comical mode is absent.

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2024 at 4:17 AM, Isgoed said:

I agree, the comments of "Skyten" are funny indeed! he immediately reminded me of Data in Star Trek.

Afaik is it the same on the CD, after saving/stopping your game, next time you continue the comical mode is absent.

That is so sad.   I played another save I'm working on last night and it was the same thing.  Brought up the "A Name" game and comedy mode was off.

With the Game Drive saves I would be tempted to see what data is saved, but I don't think the comedy mode is something saved to the memory track, simply something activated in the game.  :(