IGNORED

Atari 800 (not XL) keycap needed (]/.)

Hi Folks,

I've got an 800 that's 99% complete except I'm missing the right bracket/period keycap. Already checked BrewingAcademy and it's sold out. This is for the Hi-Tek/Stackpole version. If anyone can help out, I'd be eternally grateful (oh, and I'd pay for it, too ;))

Thanks!

Mike

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mogrinz said:

Hi Folks,

I've got an 800 that's 99% complete except I'm missing the right bracket/period keycap. Already checked BrewingAcademy and it's sold out. This is for the Hi-Tek/Stackpole version. If anyone can help out, I'd be eternally grateful (oh, and I'd pay for it, too ;))

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike. Assume you are in the States? 

Also, not all stackpole and hi tek plunger key caps are interchangeable. I think all the single key caps are though. Probably your best bet is to either find a broken 800 to salvage from (I saw one go on ebay.com in the States earlier this week for less than $50 plus postage. I'd have gone for it but the international postage wasn't worth it on my a case. 

Or, as a temporary measure, 3d print one, or have someone else who has a printer do it. 

I can link you to the 3d file for a single key cap. 

I'd help out but I am in the UK. If you are too, happy to 3d print one and post it to ya. :)

Edited by Beeblebrox

I have some extra keycaps.  The only one I have is white lettering.  Actually, looking at it closer, it's a whitish yellow (from age probably).

PM me with your address and I'll mail it to you.

DavidMil2

7 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Hi Mike. Assume you are in the States? 

I'd help out but I am in the UK. If you are too, happy to 3d print one and post it to ya. :)

Correct - here in Connecticut ("New England" as we like to say ;)). I have a temp key on there now, so no need to 3d print anything (I have way too many 3d printers ;)), but ty for the offer.  Hopefully David's spare will match perfectly. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...