IGNORED

Colecovision Standard Controllers on a 2600?

wavemotion

I will be getting in a pair of standard black CV controllers from a friend who has no need for them... I realize they are not the best joysticks in the world, but I no longer have a CV (was sold by my parents 18 years ago in a yard sale - hope one of you got it! :) but thought it might be nice to play a few of the CV 2600 games with the CV controller!

I've seen the pinouts and it looks nearly identical with the exception of a few pins used on the CV that the Atari doesn't use. I'm not sure if it will be compatible - has anyone tried it?

For that matter, are Super Action Controllers also compatible?

Thanks (as always) for any info you can provide!

Yes, they will work fine. I have 2 cv controllers that came with the lot I bought originally. I used them once to test them, and back in the box they went. :P

I also read somewhere that Omega Race, which needs a special controller adapter can be used with the cv controllers. Never tried it though.

Yup CV sticks will work on the VCS. The standard CV sticks do kind of suck but I've found them to be OK if I hold them in a certain way. I use my whole palm on the disc part of the stick rather then thumb and forefinger. It just feels better. If you come across CV Superaction Sticks, grab them. They are great sticks when they are cleaned and calibrated which is pretty easy to do.

Yes,  they will work fine.  I have 2 cv controllers that came with the lot I bought originally.  I used them once to test them,  and back in the box they went.   :P  

I also read somewhere that Omega Race,  which needs a special controller adapter can be used with the cv controllers.  Never tried it though.

True true true. Omega Race, which uses the Booster Grip adapter to provide a second button, also works flawlessly with the two-button Colecovision controller. I play like this all the time. :)