IGNORED

What are all the homebrew music programs?

Hello! So far I have found VCSBeatBox, Synthcart and JamLoopy. Also have found a few programs for figuring out sounds to use (bin00000, ftsfx_sc, and SoundPrg.a (9))

Are there any I have missed and if so, can you post a link to the .bin if you have it?

Thank you! 

Ryan

• Like 2

I thought someone had also recently uploaded a kind of tracker program where you can draw on the playfield to make drum patterns. 

I had also been working on some basic programs that would utilize my drum controller. I have not released it yet but am trying to figure out the best way to make the Atari into a kind of drum module. Once hammer out some of the circuit details to make my controller compatible with gate sequencers I hope to release it all and then move onto a music keyboard controller. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 5:21 PM, KevKelley said:

Once hammer out some of the circuit details to make my controller compatible with gate sequencers I hope to release it all and then move onto a music keyboard controller. 

Keep us posted!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 9:59 PM, analogtek said:

Keep us posted!

I had been posting updates here

I post videos on my YouTube of my various projects. My drum demo program is here. This one will be a simple kit customization I want to use for things like conventions if I ever do one. I would love to make a rhythm game or trainer as well as a more in-depth drum synth where you can modify the ADSR of each part of the kit. I haven’t quite figured out how to do that but I am loving the interest people are taking in the Atari in making music programs for it. 

I worked out a new circuit but haven’t had the time to test it. If it works then I want to settle on a design that provides the most flexibility. Probably 5 inputs for a single joystick port. In the meantime I have been picking up random drum pads cheap to make a DIY kit. If all goes well I need to make a 

• 2 weeks later...