IGNORED

New Atari 8-bit game: Shift! (full version)

Step into the monochromatic and mind-bending universe of Shift, where black and white landscapes hide more than meets the eye...where inside is outside, and light and dark don't differ!

The full game contains 36 levels (plus one secret level) and is compatible with PAL and NTSC machines.

Get it from here: https://h4plo.itch.io/shift

2.png

1.png

3.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

@H4plo, it is really nice game! Combination of platformer and logic challenges is what I love. Thanks for your great work. :)

12 hours ago, H4plo said:

is compatible with PAL and NTSC machines

I can see that you have adjusted colors for both systems ;) But seriously, the black and white color scheme is the essence of this game.

5 hours ago, Peri Noid said:

I think I found a glich. 

Yes, somehow that block of four tiles had become character 32 instead of character 0, effectively turning them into an invisible platform. I have uploaded a fixed binary. Thanks for reporting it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Trying to play this in Altirra emulator, where inverse key is mapped to either the PC's "end" key or the " ' "  key, (according to Altirra's help FAQ), but neither seems to work.

Any ideas?

What do you mean by "inverse" key? The key that inverts (shifts) the screen? It is the joystick fire.

Note that shifting is disabled in the first two levels as well as the secret level.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, H4plo said:

What do you mean by "inverse" key? The key that inverts (shifts) the screen? It is the joystick fire.

Note that shifting is disabled in the first two levels as well as the secret level.

Ahh, sorry, I tried the fire in level one, saw it wasn't working, and must has misread somewhere the inverse key was aptly being used as the flipping mechanism for the game, (dunno where I read this).  

Thanks for confirming. So no shifting for the first two levels, then use fire from level 3 onwards - cool. Gonna have a gaming session today :)

EDIT: Great game. Already at level 12. Really makes you think :)

Edited by Beeblebrox

10 hours ago, H4plo said:

Yes, there is a secret level.

I tried my first theory: finish the game and put the subject's number in the code, but it didn't work. 😆

your website is down? it has been offline for a few hours. 🫣