IGNORED

The Luck of the Irish

I thought today would be the day I snagged my very first Atari Lab Loaner prototype.  I saw it up there on eBay, ending in less than an hour, and I was surprised it hadn't already been bought because it was NOT UP FOR AUCTION!  It was just sitting there, a plum ripe for the picking, with a shockingly low Buy It Now price of $219.99.  I would have gone ahead and bought it right then and there, but wouldn't you know it? There was also an "Or Best Offer" option attached to his listing.

I exercised the option. I failed to exercise common sense.

Not satisfied with scoring a prototype for only $219.99, I had to say to myself, "Wouldn't it be awesome to get this proto, and be able to brag about how you got it for Under $200?"  So I offered $199.99 for the prototype for Taz, in immaculate condition. 

Some time shortly before the seller's listing was to end, I received an email informing me the prototype had been sold to somebody else for exactly $200.00.

-Ben

4 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

For shame! Have you not learned from CGPGrey that pennies are the devils work?

It wasn't pennies; it was only ONE stinking penny!  And if I understand eBay's "Or Best Offer" rules, the guy who offered $200.00 and won the prize had no way of knowing I had offered only a penny less.  He came in with the perfect bid, by luck alone, and I was a fool for not offering the $200.00 first.

Anyway, believe me.  I learned.

-Ben

14 minutes ago, Pitfall Harry said:

It wasn't pennies; it was only ONE stinking penny!  And if I understand eBay's "Or Best Offer" rules, the guy who offered $200.00 and won the prize had no way of knowing I had offered only a penny less.  He came in with the perfect bid, by luck alone, and I was a fool for not offering the $200.00 first.

Anyway, believe me.  I learned.

-Ben

IT DOESNT MATTER ONE PENNY IS ENOUGH TO SEND YOU TO ETERNAL DAMNNATION!!!!111!!!!1!!!!!

KIDDING of course, that sucks i can feel for that honestly. Best of luck in the future my friend!