IGNORED

Vectrex HSC - Jun 2024 - Vector Patrol

You feel the practice kicking in, don't you!?  The more I play, and the more I am brave enough to vary my strategy... especially when I'm using continues... the more I understand what I need to do to keep going.

7 hours ago, playvectrex said:

You feel the practice kicking in, don't you!?  The more I play, and the more I am brave enough to vary my strategy... especially when I'm using continues... the more I understand what I need to do to keep going.

Yeah practice really helps with thus game. Im not sure, but the exact spawn points of the enemies seems random, but remembering where all the problems are is key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2024 at 2:09 PM, playvectrex said:

Want a tip?  Highlight the below text...

Spoiler tip for Hover Jet
For that hover jet enemy, you want to always be moving away as fast as you can, then when it catches you let it basically touch your back tires and press jump and brake hard left on the joystick... then shoot to kill .

Did you know we have actual spoiler tags here that work on every device, not just PCs? 😜 

For other people using phones, dark theme, etc:

Spoiler

For that hover jet enemy, you want to always be moving away as fast as you can, then when it catches you let it basically touch your back tires and press jump and brake hard left on the joystick... then shoot to kill .

12500 to start out.
IMG_2163.thumb.jpeg.c1f36ec87770c00eeaa40517df6d58bb.jpeg

• Like 2

Haven't played Vector Patrol for years and I forgot how good the graphics are. And sound is also excellent. Only jumping sound in the mine field is a bit enerving - but I guess it's just like the original. Kristof did an outstanding job, here.

My best score tonight was 26,600 played on original Vectrex hardware (console + controller):

VP-26600-20240620_230056-bearbeitet.thumb.jpg.902f0814fd1acd191a1e04d2306f9180.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, hcmffm said:

Haven't played Vector Patrol for years and I forgot how good the graphics are. And sound is also excellent. Only jumping sound in the mine field is a bit enerving - but I guess it's just like the original. Kristof did an outstanding job, here.

My best score tonight was 26,600 played on original Vectrex hardware (console + controller):

VP-26600-20240620_230056-bearbeitet.thumb.jpg.902f0814fd1acd191a1e04d2306f9180.jpg

You have number 1!! Nice

• Like 3

Played a few games today and finally beat Champions Course 2 via continues. 

Was feeling good so started a new game and got this score, almost getting to the end of Champions Course 1.

Played the last 93,410 with the original controller, and this game was with the Vectorcade controller.

playvectrex-vectorpatrol-98680(2).thumb.JPG.6b321e7364d5ae0022168cf070cf5303.JPGplayvectrex-vectorpatrol-98680(1).thumb.JPG.2d92a6783408b1d4c09db081b5fa65fd.JPG

• Like 5