IGNORED

The Atari Gamestation Pro Has No Shut Down

Posted (edited)

One problem with this is it does not have a shutdown so can not unmount the sd card before shutting down so can mess up the sd card, its not been synced before been removed from the system, it has done it to mine a few times, where mime has ghost folders on it like its duplicated them because when you press the power button it just powers it off and does not shut down first like the other consoles - THE400 Mini, THEC64, it does not matter on the Atari2600 Plus because it uses cartridges and not external memory like a USB Stick(it can run PCUAE but I added a Shutdown script so you can shut it down via a shortcut, I be adding one to AGSP too).
or you get a warning saying that the sd card might have errors on it because it was not unmounted from the AGSP system at power off.
Its a bit like if you cut the power on a Raspberry PI3 and not shut it down first then turn it on again to find it will not boot because the power cut messed up the SD Card.

One way of fixing this is add a shortcut on the joystick to shut down, and it shows it on the GUI, the power button is hard wired to the power so cuts it when you press it, so could only be fixed with a newer version of the console but you do use it to get it to MASKROM Mode to flash it so might beable to change the power buttion via udev and make it shut down and not cut the power instead.
The AGSP console should have a shut down power button not a power cut off button, it runs Linux in the background so that needs to be shutting down first.

This was happening on THEA500 Mini where it was not unmounting the USB Stick so was still connected to the system at shut down, RGL finally fixed in the end after I posted about it and told them what the problem was and why it was doing it... :)

Edited by Spanner
  • Like 1