IGNORED

Reissue Trak-Ball Controller preference: CX-22 or CX-80

jeremiahjt

Reissue Trak-Ball Controller preference: CX-22 or CX-80  

34 members have voted

1. 1. If Atari and Plaion release a Trak-Ball for the 2600+, which version do you prefer they release?

• CX-22, originally released for the 2600
    • CX-80, originally released for the 8-bit computer line

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Some CX-22 Trak-Ball controllers even had 2600 printed on it.

That is the first edition of the Trak-Ball which only features digital control.

Basically, behaving like a joystick posing as a Trak-Ball; the image at the the top left.

image.thumb.png.965540c9a349fe0ec49570e18d45a298.png

The CX-22 posted in the opening post is the second edition, which feature a Joystick (Digital)/Trak-ball (Analog) switch; image top right.

The CX-80 is the final version; image bottom, also features the Joystick/Trak-Ball switch, and very importantly, the best performing one. 

The CX-80 buttons are more responsive and the Trak-Ball has better accuracy compared to either CX-22 editions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

It is not strange at all. The CX-22 was released as part of the 2600 line. Some CX-22 Trak-Ball controllers even had 2600 printed on it. The styling of the CX-22 is also highly indicative of the 2600 line, while the CX-80 can only be described as looking like the Vader consoles (and maybe the later Junior models), nothing like the early woodgrain models.

The CX-22 was released after the Vader console. 

the off white controller bottom shell was designed to match the home computer line controllers. 

The buttons on the CX-22 are terrible, and the encoder wheels are lower resolution than the CX-80. It is thoroughly inferior. 

The CX-22 box states computers First, and the 2600 as an after thought. The Box design is more similar to the home computer line layout and graphics. 

the CX-80 box matches the layout and style of the 2600 carts from the silver box/cart series.

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

The CX-22 box states computers First, and the 2600 as an after thought. The Box design is more similar to the home computer line layout and graphics. 

No. The first model had 2600 on the controller. The box calls it the "2600 Trak-Ball." The 2600 is mentioned first, and the only picture shows a 2600.

The box styling is close to the then new Vader style. It does have some computer line flourishes though.

31 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

No. The first model had 2600 on the controller. The box calls it the "2600 Trak-Ball." The 2600 is mentioned first, and the only picture shows a 2600.

The box styling is close to the then new Vader style. It does have some computer line flourishes though.

The first model Isn’t even a true analog trackball. Nobody wants that junk.

Iirc the one that oddly reminds me of the Jaguar is the 2600 version, it looks nice. But if they DO go with the 5200 style one, they'd better put James Rolfe in the teaser, i would kill to smile for once at a commerciaaaaallll i just hope i'm not missing a different trackball controller thats different to the 5200 and 2600 one

Edit:

Oh yeah thats different, but honestly i still think the 2600 one still looks nicer, its really cool looking. I'd play crazy castle with it [iir the name correctly]

Edited by Maztr_0n
oh yeah i did miss it, dont be like me and read the page!!!!