IGNORED

IGN ranks the Atari 7800 over the Sega Master System! Do you agree?

Pac-Lander

Which is the superior 8-bit system?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the superior 8-bit system?

• Atari 7800 ProSystem
    • Sega Master System

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, RevEng said:

Your NA Sales thread is in those search results too, and the guy appears to have gotten roasted in the thread, and at some later date he appears to have been banned.

Is that the one with the guy who keeps refusing to believe the literal internal sales data that we have for Atari in the late 1980s and the other people who keep posting that the SMS sold more units IN THE US than the 7800 because Wikipedia “correctly” states that the SMS sold 5 billion units over its life from 1985-present without correctly clarifying that 99% of those units sold in Brazil? /only mildly sarcastic

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

The NES looked like hot garbage to me at the time. I was mid-late teens at that point and all the NES launch games were kidsy cartoony stuff. 

I eventually bought an SMS when it was clear Atari’s ability to deliver was done. Mostly because to my personal liking the Arcade ports on the SMS were WAY better looking than the NES.

to this day, I still don’t understand how the NES won on anything other than a ridiculous marketing budget and strong-arming 3rd party development companies into legally questionable exclusivity contracts. But then, I’m not really a fan of Anime themed anything, or RPGs. 

Huh! Well, beauty is, clearly, in the eye of the beholder.

I kind of wish SMS had been a thing where I was as a kid....I don't even ever recall seeing it in our toy stores. Maybe NES had already taken over by the time I was looking.