IGNORED

Does the 2600+ support the Driving Controller?

Dionoid

I just wonder, why? To my understanding of a driving controllers operation, it basically is just toggling right and left on and off. Obviously the plus (and various other options) CAN detect this, so why does no current option support driving controllers? The systems can even detect combos, directions add together to equal diagonals. Obviously you can add directions plus fire, to shoot while moving. So, it seems that its a deliberate thing to have the hardware not recognize opposite directions being pressed simultaneously.

Granted only one official game uses it, but there's a decent selection of driving controller games, both straight, and modded, that use it. You can buy some (or maybe all?) Right here on atariage. Here's hoping this over site does get fixed in the near future, because I love Indy 500, its a great party game, and have a few third party stuff like thrust, which comes in joystick or driving controller flavors. I'd like to try dc on the plus at some point.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

New users posting threads to ask questions that have already been answered 100 times, clearly in an effort to criticize Atari or make the 2600+ look bad should have their thread deleted and  be blocked from this sub forum.

Excellent idea! Maybe someday you’ll be promoted to moderator of this forum and you can start deleting threads and blocking users. Seriously, Atari could really use someone like you to take care of things on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

New users posting threads to ask questions that have already been answered 100 times, clearly in an effort to criticize Atari or make the 2600+ look bad should have their thread deleted and  be blocked from this sub forum. 

do we really need astroturfed bad advice? 

The OP, who's been a member of this forum longer than you, asked a simple question. 

Who made you the forum police? The ones who should be blocked are the ones who are rude to others for no valid reason.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The OP, who's been a member of this forum longer than you, asked a simple question. 

Who made you the forum police? The ones who should be blocked are the ones who are rude to others for no valid reason.

Ah. I see. Being rude to Atari in an effort to make their products falsely look bad asking questions they already know then answers to is “cool”. 

I didn’t realize Atariage became Reddit when the 2600+ was released.

Hey everyone about six months ago, In the words of CPUWIZ mentioned somewhere here on AA, And I quote,

"Don't listen to the mullet, he likes to start shit".

Some of the most true words he has ever said here.:lolblue:

Just wish he would stand by them...:ponder:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gabe said:

49 minutes ago, Trinity said:

Hey everyone about six months ago, In the words of CPUWIZ mentioned somewhere here on AA, And I quote,

"Don't listen to the mullet, he likes to start shit".

Some of the most true words he has ever said here.:lolblue:

Just wish he would stand by them...:ponder:

I want people who I personally disagree with banned... because freedom of speech.

2 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Ah. I see. Being rude to Atari in an effort to make their products falsely look bad asking questions they already know then answers to is “cool”. 

I didn’t realize Atariage became Reddit when the 2600+ was released.

Asking a question is being rude to Atari? SMH.

I'm sure the OP is very sorry his simple question offended your delicate sensibilities, and I've no doubt Atari themselves would be very proud of you for so vigorously defending them when someone asks such a horrific, incredibly detestable question whether the 2600+ supports the Driving Controller. I mean, THE AUDACITY!!!! Atari should give you a medal, and maybe a chocolate chip cookie.

What's the desired punishment if someone were to so incredibly insult Atari by asking such a reprehensible, shocking, downright horrendous question as, "Does the 2600+ support the touch pad for Star Raiders?" Capital? Burning at the stake? The rack? Drawing and quartering? 

You really need to try decaf, or maybe a shorter horse... or both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Asking a question is being rude to Atari? SMH.

I'm sure the OP is very sorry his simple question offended your delicate sensibilities, and I've no doubt Atari themselves would be very proud of you for so vigorously defending them when someone asks such a horrific, incredibly detestable question whether the 2600+ supports the Driving Controller. I mean, THE AUDACITY!!!! Atari should give you a medal, and maybe a chocolate chip cookie.

What's the desired punishment if someone were to so incredibly insult Atari by asking such a reprehensible, shocking, downright horrendous question as, "Does the 2600+ support the touch pad for Star Raiders?" Capital? Burning at the stake? The rack? Drawing and quartering? 

You really need to try decaf, or maybe a shorter horse... or both.

My point was, OP already knows the answer. Because I've seen his posts in other threads on this section where the exact same discussion already took place.

So why would someone start a thread to ask a question they already know the answer to?

Look a little more at Dionoid's posts in this section and you'll have your answer. He's been complaining about this console for literal months.

I'm not offended at all. Just pointing out this thread is redundant and OP knew that, so his motivations for starting it are suspect.