IGNORED

Atari Star Wars Arcade Machine Sound Board

Hello!

I have a full-sized, upright Atari Star Wars game I bought about a year and a half ago off eBay.   I only run it occasionally, when I'm demoing it or playing it.   The other day I turned it on and noticed a bit more "electronics" smell than usual, and the audio started glitching on it.

I turned it off an pulled the board set and looked at the Sound Board, and noticed a number of leaky capacitors with one area showing some indication of burning.

I'm not an electronics wiz but don't mind rolling up my sleeves and am OK with a soldering iron, figuring I'd replace the caps.

The ones I ordered were 100uf 35V but they were not the axial type.    My question is does anyone know what the tolerance is on the capacitors on the Atari sound board and what they should be replaced with?   The ones I purchased were 20% so don't know if that's going to get me into trouble.   I'm making the assumption that the non-axial vs. axial is more a matter of form factor than functionality.  

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.   I'll post a couple associated pictures of the board, what I'm replacing, and what I ordered.

Thank you,

Matt

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

• 2 weeks later...