IGNORED

Subcart not updating?

Hi I am having problems trying to update the Subcart? I have downloaded the AVGCARTA and AVGCARTB to the root of the sd cart. I have other files on there with car files etc.. so the cart is working and i get to the menu when switching on. When i press control-shift-U nothing happens? 

I dont have any problems with the keyboard and have checked all keys are working?

Im trying to update to the 029 firmware from the AVG cart site? Is this correct?

Do i need to put the update in a folder or just the root?

The 600xl i am using does have 1mb ultimate in and i have put in the 1mb menu stock memory and stock OS and in the Subcart menu i have switched off the 1mb memory. 

All other Subcart functions regarding the key strokes work fine its just the Update thats not doing anything?

In the about on the Subacart os (FW: 0.11)

Built:Nov 24 2023

Detected:

SIO PBI/ECI 600XL

Enabled:

HSIO  EXTMEM AUTOENABLE AUTORUN LETTERS

HSIO divisor: 6

Path: /

Files: 38

If i press CONTROL-SHIFT-T   I get 00000000 Loading update ... error!

Edited by Back2skooldaze

This is the update readme on the FW 11 which I believe is the latest for the AVG and SubAVG carts. (I don't own either but thought this may be helpful):

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/353826-subcart/?do=findComment&comment=5354587

1. Copy AFL file to SD card
2. Launch it in SUBCART selector (RETURN)
3. Wait until update is loaded into memory then press left cart button to proceed
4. Wait until the update process finishes and then powercycle your Atari 

Edited by Beeblebrox

Posted (edited)

Ive just done another search on the internet and it seems theres a firmware for the AVG CART and one for the SubCART? tHE SUBCART is FW 00.11 and the AVG CART is 0030 ? 

I was under the impression all updates for the SUB cart was using AVG cart stuff????? So it looks like i already have latest FW for  Sub cart?

Just extracted all files from the beta FW 011 and tried it and its working! :)  I was under the impression all updates and software for the SUBcart was from the AVG cart with them being so similiar.

Thank you Beeblebrox your help is much appreciated ! truly :) 

Edited by Back2skooldaze
  • Like 1

AVG cart and Sub cart are using different firmware!

Don't use the AVG firmware for the Sub cart and vice versa.

(Allthough I am quite sure tmp prevented that this works and that's why you get an ERROR.)

If you are exchanging the SD-card with a larger one and it seems as if the setup/config. is suddenly not saved anymore, simply be patient; with some SD-cards it can take 40-60 seconds or longer until the config (approx. 40 Bytes!) is finally saved. This happened to me with -otherwise very fast- SDXC cards and sizes of 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. (Of course you can also copy the appropriate config. file from the old SD-card to the new one.)

latest firmware AVG-cart: 0.30   (AVG only!)

latest firmware Sub-cart: 0.11 (Sub only!)