IGNORED

My old account is gone... or I can't login?

root42_nouveau

Question

My old account @root42 doesn't work anymore. I can't login, I can't reset the password. I sent an email via the contact form, but never got a reply. Is it possible to reset the password on that account? Not sure why the reset email never arrives though. But I think there is something broken. Would love to have that account back! 

15 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, Mitch said:

You have to login with your email address now, not your username.

Mitch

Oh, I have tried that. Multiple times, until I was locked for 60 minutes. It doesn't take my old password. And as I said: password reset doesn't work.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Hmm, I can change your password, but I can't reset it.  

Bummer. Can you see my Email address in that account? If so you could change the password and email it to the email in that account. Feel free to think of other ways to verify my identity... 

EDIT: I am not sure if the same account is also tied to store orders. I did order cartridges during the sale a year ago or so. The one which Al is still working on... :-D

Edited by root42_nouveau

29 minutes ago, root42_nouveau said:

Bummer. Can you see my Email address in that account? If so you could change the password and email it to the email in that account. Feel free to think of other ways to verify my identity... 

EDIT: I am not sure if the same account is also tied to store orders. I did order cartridges during the sale a year ago or so. The one which Al is still working on... :-D

I have some time this morning, so I will take a look in the admin panel to see what I can do.  I'll send an email to that address with the title ROOT42, it may end up in your SPAM folder, reasons. ;) 

• Like 1

@CPUWIZ one more thing: I have been trying to log into AtariAge from my iPad, and am again getting the "invalid password" thing. Using the exact password I just used in this browser, on my Mac...? Password is the same, it is synced via iCloud. But I also compared it manually. Could it be that the forum software doesn't like iPad's version of Safari? Anything else that is a known issue...?

8 hours ago, root42 said:

@CPUWIZ one more thing: I have been trying to log into AtariAge from my iPad, and am again getting the "invalid password" thing. Using the exact password I just used in this browser, on my Mac...? Password is the same, it is synced via iCloud. But I also compared it manually. Could it be that the forum software doesn't like iPad's version of Safari? Anything else that is a known issue...?

No idea, I don't use Safari on my Mac's or iDevices, that's like using Internet Exploder/Cliff.  Chrome or Firefox!

@Albert Any ideas?

@CPUWIZ I have tried with Firefox on Linux now -- same issue. It seems my password has not been set. I am logged into ONE browser on the Mac now, which is where I received your password reset. However I fear if I log out, I can't log back in. The password I have set does NOT work on either iPad nor on Firefox/Linux. I think something is broken in my account... The web interface was happily reporting that my password got changed, though!

12 hours ago, root42 said:

@CPUWIZ I have tried with Firefox on Linux now -- same issue. It seems my password has not been set. I am logged into ONE browser on the Mac now, which is where I received your password reset. However I fear if I log out, I can't log back in. The password I have set does NOT work on either iPad nor on Firefox/Linux. I think something is broken in my account... The web interface was happily reporting that my password got changed, though!

I sent Al a text, I don't see anything.

• Like 1