IGNORED

BoulderDash 2 Demo Review

Hi and just a fan of BoulderDash in general. With 100 limited copies in all, there's over 20 left as of this post. Glad to be #11 on the list and must say so far alot more playable and addictive than before and that's saying ALOT. Each of the 3 caves is trickier than the last ( on Normal difficulty ).

• Like 2

BD2 is by far one of the most advanced games for the 2600. Many programers produce some downright amazing homebrews for this old gal. Andrew Davie is a wizard, as it's the only explanation I have for this creation of his. Graphics are stunning, blows the original away and makes it feel modern on this aging hardware. It's not only visually stunning, but the gameplay is spot on and controls are responsible. Levels are highly challenging, but beatable given the opportunity. If your a fan of the original Boulder Dash, you'll love BD2.

• Like 5

Yeah, amazing. Plays so smooth, and incredible visuals. The main character even has funny little idle animations and stuff. I'm terrible at Boulder Dash but i keep playing this (dying is actually pretty funny to me because of the abrupt timing and visual effects). You can play the game in a wider view too, which made it a little easier for me to figure out how to deal with each level.

Hope this gets a full release so more people can play it! 

• Like 2