IGNORED

RGBtoHDMI for Mega 4 ST

On 6/19/2024 at 7:39 AM, macsonny said:

Does anyone know where I can get the "B" (blanking) signal from on at Mega ST? The schematics are a little blurry and I can't make out a pick-up point for that signal?

Not sure I followed up on my original post but once the RGBtoHDMI was installed, and it worked fine with and without the blanking signal in a Mega ST, the image quality is exceptional. I love that I can also run all resolutions from this device (Lo, Med and Hi) and they all look amazing.

I can’t speak for other video upgrades for the both the 8-bit and 16-bit Ataris, but I now have four of these units installed in my Atari computer collection and I’m delighted.

From other posts around the 'Net, I took it that Blank is needed for some demo's, games 'n such?

Otherwise it'll work without it - I read a couple of posts on Facebook where people were talking

about running theirs with just Hsync and Vync connected.

Glad you got yours setup and going. It really does give a great picture.    :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 4:35 PM, macsonny said:

Not sure I followed up on my original post but once the RGBtoHDMI was installed, and it worked fine with and without the blanking signal in a Mega ST, the image quality is exceptional. I love that I can also run all resolutions from this device (Lo, Med and Hi) and they all look amazing.

I can’t speak for other video upgrades for the both the 8-bit and 16-bit Ataris, but I now have four of these units installed in my Atari computer collection and I’m delighted.

RGB2HDMI_MEGAST.jpeg

IMG_0196.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 5:35 PM, macsonny said:

I am interested in trying this on my Atari STE. I have read that they are using an Amiga adapter on the STE and soldering wires to the resistors near the the shifter connecting it to the Amiga adapter. Then out the 16pin IDC cable to the RGBtoHDMI. Found these details about the STE on the bottom of this page.

When switching between the low/medium resolutions to the Hi-Res mode are there any changes that need to be made in the RGBtoHDMI menus or does automatically make the switch?

Thank you!

4 hours ago, venom4728a said:

I am interested in trying this on my Atari STE. I have read that they are using an Amiga adapter on the STE and soldering wires to the resistors near the the shifter connecting it to the Amiga adapter. Then out the 16pin IDC cable to the RGBtoHDMI. Found these details about the STE on the bottom of this page.

When switching between the low/medium resolutions to the Hi-Res mode are there any changes that need to be made in the RGBtoHDMI menus or does automatically make the switch?

Thank you!

I basically followed the website you posted when I did my STE.  No adapter, just soldered in the 16 pin ICD cable to the spots on the board and plug that into the RPi/RGBtoHDMI.  No changes to the RGBtoHDMI menu when going to high-res, but you will need a switch or high-res cable (to trigger the change).

IMG_1177.jpeg

71124480352__2851F0EE-9371-4790-8DA5-C7702624136A.jpeg

• Like 1