IGNORED

Storage options to play some games!

Now that I am finally getting a 520 ST up and running, I'd like to actually play some games on this.  I also want to install STOS (which I have a fully copy).  Which means I'd like some kind of hard drive solution.

I am a complete ST newbie so any recommendations would be appreciated.  At the moment, I don't have an external floppy drive so I was thinking of getting a GoTek with some sort of external cable or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hopefully you can upgrade to TOS 1.04 and add RAM.

internet archive also contains already an image for sd with ppera hdd demo drivers and ~1000 games to get you started. It is labeled for MiSTer use but you can wininge/balena-etch it to a real sd afaik.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Thanks 1

Check out the ACSI2SD by masteries.  The price is good and he stands behind his device.

Upgrading to TOS 1.04 and adding RAM is also a good idea as mentioned above.

Here is the link to the ACSI2SD topic

• Thanks 1

That's a good option. I prefer the Ultrasatan route. It is a bit more expensive (last time I checked).

You can check it out here:

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=48

As mentioned, if you're going to be using mass storage, you'll definitely want TOS v1.4 or up.

Many new features, reliability, stability and speed, etc.

Hope this helps.  :)

A little off topic but, if you have a two TOS set can you use a 6 TOS set instead?  I have a ST with the two TOS set and would like to upgrade to TOS 1.4 but the 2 chip set is much more expensive and harder to find.

1 hour ago, djglish said:

A little off topic but, if you have a two TOS set can you use a 6 TOS set instead?  I have a ST with the two TOS set and would like to upgrade to TOS 1.4 but the 2 chip set is much more expensive and harder to find.

If you have an eprom programmer ppera website has a rom splitter that can help. He’s banned from AA so not sure I can link to his website so I point you to the relevant thread at Atari-forum.com

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13772