IGNORED

Raid over Libya, re edited XEX file with wrong credits.

Back in the day me and a friend liked Sidewinder from Futureware. I'd been given the game to review for Atari User and had met the programming team who gave me the level editor. A while after it's release it (the game) ended up on a multi boot and another friend decided to make new levels for the game on the notion I'd hack the game so it loaded his levels. So that happened and Neale / Big Macs levels were got to be seen by the public. So the other day I was on Atari Online Poland and grabbed a big file of games and started to to a little look at the files. In there I came across Raid Over Libya (my hack) and there was a small XEX of it. I had only put it as a full ATR. So I had a look and noticed that the person who made the XEX had altered the screen credits and fixed a high score corruption I'd caused (thank you). SO to the point of the post, should Neale come across this file at some points it looks like I've taken credit for his fantastic levels because it states on screen that I did the levels...Not true, in fact it removed Big Mac from the credits.

So Neale, if you ever see it, it wasn't me :), you got the original disk from me at the time. I'm grateful for the XEX and the fix of my corruption (I blame Diskey!!), but the levels were not mine..I'm about as artistic as a dead frog. All I did was alter the game code to read in the levels. And just for silly trivia, my nick name of Mole Eater on the game is a tribute to The Mole, a wonderful coder and cracker by the name of Mike who later coded the software for the board that Computer House sold for the Atari. He was a friend and I used to watch him sit and crack the EA titles in his flat. Talented guy..

• Like 10