IGNORED

I disassembled Squish'Em

I posted this in a thread about Gorf as a launching pad to possibly add voices to the original Coleco Gorf.

It is not my best work, it was a quick disassembly and I can do better but I posted it anyway just to get the ball rolling.

You can assemble it with no issues with a drag and drop onto TNIASM.

Squish'Em.asm

Edited by Captain Cozmos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Anything hidden or unused?

Nothing special that I have seen yet.
There seems to be a few routines I did not link and I really did a quick run down on this thing to give to the Gorf community so I focused on the voice and the routine to use the data.

Sorry, my mind has been elsewhere.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:22 PM, Captain Cozmos said:

Nothing special that I have seen yet.
There seems to be a few routines I did not link and I really did a quick run down on this thing to give to the Gorf community so I focused on the voice and the routine to use the data.

Sorry, my mind has been elsewhere.

I grew up playing Squish'Em Sam and remember being able to squish enemies while you were climbing up a girder.  Normally you can only squish enemies that are at your feet but for some reason I remember the Colecovision version being able to do that also while going up (with your hands??)/  I had found that out by accident when playing one day and then it became a strategy for me to use.  

Many years later when I got around to play the other versions like 2600, Vic 20 I found I could not do that.

I thought I was doing it incorrectly but I think the ability to "up-squish" is something that is only in the colecovision version?

I wonder if there is code in there or if it may just be a bug not many noticed?  Has anyone else here played the colecovision version and discovered it?

Absolutely!

That has always been a part of my strategy when I play. That upwards boost saves time and gets you the bonus points of one additional squish right before moving up to the next girder.

I don’t think it’s a bug or a glitch, it’s a key part of my play, especially at the higher levels. If anything, I usually lose a life or two because of it almost every game because I always tend to get greedy and eventually do it just a bit late when it’s no longer safe. (the timing is crucial as I’m sure you know)