IGNORED

Has the Stella "Training Manual" been scanned? EDIT: Scan is now attached in thread.

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

Mine is not a copy of a copy of a copy.  And it is also HUGE and full of notes.

IMG_7307.jpg

I guess you intended to post this in another thread? Probably https://forums.atariage.com/topic/363356-does-anyone-have-an-original-authentic-atari-26002600a-vcs-domestic-field-service-manual-not-the-photocopied-copy-of-a-copy-best-electronics-sells/

32 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

Could have done either, it contains everything, including a huge schematic of the 2100.  Someone pieced this together BITD, pretty big.

IMG_7315.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Mine is not a copy of a copy of a copy.  And it is also HUGE and full of notes.

IMG_7307.jpg

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

If you scan that bad boy, please do 600 dpi TIFFs and grayscale instead of bitmap- it's a lot easier to clean up on my end (and I'm fine with huge files- I can dm my ftp addy).  I can compress the hell out of it later for distribution.  That pic of the CPU in the schematic is exactly why I've been working on rebuilds- the current scans all suck for legibility.
This FS015891 looks like it would cover only the earliest revisions- which is absolutely fine.  I do not know what revision the C018040 version on Ebay covers up to.  The Rev 2 FD100133 that everyone has a copy of covers to Rev 16+ VCS models, but I've never seen anything other than a mass-produced copy-of-a-copy.  Would love to get my hands on an original, if such a thing exists.

38 minutes ago, Kirkland said:

If you scan that bad boy, please do 600 dpi TIFFs and grayscale instead of bitmap- it's a lot easier to clean up on my end (and I'm fine with huge files- I can dm my ftp addy).  I can compress the hell out of it later for distribution.  That pic of the CPU in the schematic is exactly why I've been working on rebuilds- the current scans all suck for legibility.
This FS015891 looks like it would cover only the earliest revisions- which is absolutely fine.  I do not know what revision the C018040 version on Ebay covers up to.  The Rev 2 FD100133 that everyone has a copy of covers to Rev 16+ VCS models, but I've never seen anything other than a mass-produced copy-of-a-copy.  Would love to get my hands on an original, if such a thing exists.

We'll see about scanning it, I may do a few pages for you.  I will look if I have a Rev 2 that is better than the scans, I think it may be original as well.

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2024 at 2:47 AM, Kirkland said:

It looked like some hit mid-cycle, others started or finished..off (the "5 OSC cycles" at the bottom for example)

If you see any errors or issues- please let me know.  It's way past my sleepytime.

They SHOULD hit mid cycle in reality.  I'm at work and super busy outside of work.  But I'll try to get you some actually useful information RSN.... 

BTW....

If you want to show the actual timing relationships, adding those colored vertical bars is a really good idea.

If you want to show "ideal" timing, they would not be needed.