IGNORED

Guys! Guys! You gotta see this!

I figured out how to do color cycling, the way Japanese developers used to do it on the SG-1000 and MSX! Basically, you just have to re-define colors for a block of graphics during execution. There's no apparent limit to the number of times you can define the colors, so you can define new color sets as you please to make the colors seem to scroll upward through the graphics, or pulse ominously like the front of a sleeping Wii.

Anyway, check it out! I'm really happy about this. Special effects aren't common in ColecoVision games, but I think I could get a lot of use out of this.

testin.rom testin.bas

• Like 5

Thanks much!

By the way, this dovetails nicely with CV BASIC expanding its compatibility to support the SV-318. I was wondering if I could color cycle with VPOKEs instead of DEFINE COLOR and DATA statements. The problem with the latter technique is that I have to use constants rather than variables, which means four static animations rather than having the colors flow smoothly from one row to the next. If you play any of Spectravideo's games, you'll notice that they've got an intro with colors flowing through the Spectravideo logo. I don't think I would have that kind of freedom with DEFINE COLOR.