IGNORED

"Limbo" kind of game demo video for Vbxe released.

Many years ago @Yaron Nir had an idea to port Limbo from PC/C64 to Atari. Discussion lasted for couple years, many suggestions were made, but no real progress or actual coding took place.

Well now after many years, Yaron has produced a nice demo and asked me to publish it, so here it is.
So for anyone who loved Limbo pc game, here's an example on how it could've looked on Atari:

• Like 9

Boy, I Wonder if this will ever be completed.

Or: Will Wonder Boy ever be completed ?

Call me the negative one, but based on several released game demos by Yaron Nir, I don't think so.

(Afair, none of his shown game demos were ever finished and released as full playable games.)

Rather than mimic the original I would only keep the foreground and change the main actor and some technics. It is not forbiden by the copyrights, isn't? Otherwise we will end up with nice demo, but still.

• Like 1

It is just a demo. You can't really do much more with ripped sprites from commercially released game.
And yes, for sure it's possible to code a nice limbo/inside like game with dark mood and deadly traps. On vbxe it can look like modern indie pc game.

@CharlieChaplin challenge accepted :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Xebec said:

Really cool!  Just saw a demo of this on Youtube.   Limbo was a fun and unique game, cool to see this running on a8 at all :).  

Well, it's done using vbxe for sprites so not exactly pure old atari :)

Similar game would be possible on ordinary atari too, just not with such mixed multicolor+hires combo.