IGNORED

ColecoVision Super Action Arcade Controller, W/ Speed Roller

I decided to finally get around to engineering the addition of a Speed Roller to a custom controller for the ColecoVision.  I realize that there are only 3 games that take advantage of the Speed Roller (Super Action Baseball / Football / Soccer), but it was something that I wanted to see if I could do. 

Ejtpzz.jpg

As this controller isn't "themed" for any specific game, I opted to keep it simple and I just tried to match the aesthetics of the ColecoVision, and the Super Action Controllers, as much as possible.

My Speed Roller doesn't "kind of work...similar to the originals"...it is an original Speed Roller from a donor SAC.  I pulled the main PCB from a SAC, cut it down to the "necessary" size, removed the "unnecessary" components, and created a mount for it so that it can be installed into a controller enclosure.  

i6tGRp.jpg

Details:

Enclosure

Hammond 1456PH1BKBK, 14” x 8.25”, 10° sloped-top, black powder-coated aluminum, (reinforced, braced, and weighted)

All black fasteners (carriage bolts, and low-profile socket-head cap screws), w/ nickel-plated nuts (serrated flange, and nylon-insert locknuts), w/ rear-mounted cord cleats for cable management, & mechanically fastened rubber feet

Joystick

iL PSM-30 (8-way), w/ Cherry (ZF) D44X MicroSwitches, w/ modified threaded shaft (w/ Sanwa LB-35 ball knob, vermillion), w/ medium centering spring, w/ custom dust boot “simulate” drop mount plate

PushButtons

iL PSL-C, w/ low-operating force Cherry (ZF) D41X Microswitches, (yellow / orange / purple / blue)

PCB w/ Keypad

VVG ColecoVision PCB w/ Keypad, (C&K D6C KeySwitches, w/ BTND6 square button caps (black), w/ custom legends)

Speed Roller

Modified Coleco SAC PCB w/ Speed Roller, w/ custom mount

Cable

Custom-crimped, 11’ Tensility 9 conductor cable, w/ AMP 9-pin connector

Now I can cross "Speed Roller" off the list...enjoy!

• Like 1