IGNORED

Impossible Mission on the Lynx

Ferris

I heard a *rumor* once that Impossible Mission was being done on the Lynx. I saw it listed in one of the very early editions of GamePro Magazine in the summer of 1989 when it was brand new. Does anybody know if this was ever thrown around as a title for the Lynx? I would think it would have been under development since the Lynx its self was developed by Epyx and much of the Lynx software was programed at Epyx as well.

Yeah, Electrocop and Impossible Mission are so much alike.....

Actually, now that I think of it, I remember hearing about that too. I remember reading something like this in a magazine somewhere. But I don't feel like digging through loads of storage tubs to go looking for the magazine.

Actually, now that I think of it, I remember hearing about that too. I remember reading something like this in a magazine somewhere. But I don't feel like digging through loads of storage tubs to go looking for the magazine.

Why bother?

http://www.atariage.com/magazines/magazine...5&CurrentPage=7

I don't know if I can find it, but I saw a very different looking screenshot for what I assume became Rampage once in a Lynx mag. It showed what looked liked Lizzy or maybe even Godzilla walking sideways with either Big Ben or some other London looking skyline behind it. Very odd looking, and I never saw anything that looked like it again.

Oh and is it just me or is that guy having TOO MUCH fun with 7800 lightgun games....

I don't know if I can find it, but I saw a very different looking screenshot for what I assume became Rampage once in a Lynx mag.  It showed what looked liked Lizzy or maybe even Godzilla walking sideways with either Big Ben or some other London looking skyline behind it.  Very odd looking, and I never saw anything that looked like it again.

I think that's in one of the early issues of EGM. Back when it was still good. I have it, but it'd take me an age to dig it out.

I remember seeing that screenshot as well. I always assumed it was just a mock-up, as it certainly didn't appear in the Lynx version.

Perhaps Epyx conceived the Lynx port more in the line of "Crush, Crumble & Chomp" in its earliest manifestations. I recall that players had the option of trashing London in CCC.