IGNORED

Source of fonts?

27 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Hi. I'm looking for font options for a project of mine. Is there a good source of font definitions for the TI available somewhere?

I found this somewhere a long time ago but I can't remember where I found it. ;)

There are 239 gif files that can be inhaled by Magellan. 

fonts.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sometimes99er said:

The collection of the above is found in the thread below. It currently has 288 fonts for use via Magellan.

I think it's malware bytes is reporting to me that fonts.zip file cannot be downloaded safely.

?? No idea why.

OK, there is a better source for fonts.

Back in the 80's, there was a software package written CSGD (Character Sets and Graphic Design).  A gentleman from Alabama as I recall (Mike ???) wrote it and he came up to our usergroup in Lexington KY.  The software release allowed the creation of new fonts as well.

One of our members took printouts from other MS-DOS PC fonts that were available and created the appropriate hexadecimal definitions for all the fonts.  I am guessing there were more than 50 fonts created.

I believe it should be up on Whtech if you look around.

• Like 3

NEWCHA-19F  2 new character sets for CSGD (attachment below)

I believe I have some of the original disks, however check whtech first and holler back at me if you can not find anything or if nobody else responds.  The above file was a downloadable file when my BBS was online.

NEWCHA-19F

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 9640News said:

OK, there is a better source for fonts.

Back in the 80's, there was a software package written CSGD (Character Sets and Graphic Design).  A gentleman from Alabama as I recall (Mike ???) wrote it and he came up to our usergroup in Lexington KY.  The software release allowed the creation of new fonts as well.

One of our members took printouts from other MS-DOS PC fonts that were available and created the appropriate hexadecimal definitions for all the fonts.  I am guessing there were more than 50 fonts created.

I believe it should be up on Whtech if you look around.

I have a whole box of those disks. Not sure if they all been archived, I will take a look and compare to whtech and if not upload the ones I have.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

I have a whole box of those disks. Not sure if they all been archived, I will take a look and compare to whtech and if not upload the ones I have.

Thanks Gary.  I went through my disks and have not been able to find any of the disks I had.  I know I remember seeing the labels, but where they are is a bit elusive.

For what it's worth, I think the disk of 239 fonts was sent to me. From that disk, I chose 60 fonts to put into XB 2.9 G.E.M. Only a few look good in the text mode; most require an 8x8 grid to look right.

If you load XB 2.9, then CALL HELP, you can press the space bar 3 times and then enter a number from 1 to 60 to display the font. Of course, these are the fonts that I liked; you may have a different preference.

• Like 1