IGNORED

No, This does not reek of fraud

scotty

Yeah, the "I'm giving away a PS5" on various social media are as unlikely as it sounds, they plague Facebook groups for example, and usually they will post in an easy to bait place like a video game group with stories like "I am punishing my son by giving away this PS5" or "My boyfriend passed away, and I don't need this" or like your example an unwanted prize etc. Other tell-tale give always is they will LIKE their own post, LOCK further replies etc. The scam is when the foolish contact the person they are told to send them a payment just to cover "shipping", obviously they take payment, ship nothing and soon disappear, consider if they manage to bait several people, dozens, hundreds, they can scam a lot of money. I often wonder who could possibly fall for it, but I see it appear so often that clearly people are, a fool and his money as they say. OF COURSE TO ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE first and foremost the biggest giveaway that it's a scam should be "I'M GIVING AWAY A PS5" 🙄

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Havok69 said:

Well the joke's on all of you!

I have been responding to all these posts and now have 917 PS5's. For free!

I am building a fort out of them in my basement with duct tape.

:dunce:

we know you're lying because 917 ps5s is roughly twice the size of the moon and ain't nobody got a basement that big

Well I do! There was this Nigerian prince that sent me an email once - he needed some help with some funds. After that, I could afford a basement roughly twice the size of the moon. I built it in secret. Underground. Below everyone else's basement.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Havok69 said:

Well I do! There was this Nigerian prince that sent me an email once - he needed some help with some funds. After that, I could afford a basement roughly twice the size of the moon. I built it in secret. Underground. Below everyone else's basement.

wow, can you use your secret hacker skills to help me get back my missing funds, I can pay an advance fee right away

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, youxia said:

So what's the actual hook in these "free" ads? They ask you to pay shipping up front, or something like that?

Exactly, I posted those details around 10 posts back. They make the deal in messages with a lot of people, arrange payment to cover shipping, they may even provide a fake shipping # to temporarily distract, once suspension strikes they may communicate long enough with excuses as delay tactics and likely have convinced his targets to pay through a method that is hard to change or reverse/refund. At some point communications vanish with nothing to show for the payment, occasionally one or more of the victims will post in the same space a warning of the scammer usually with details or profile link that again, would have had red flags or obvious signs for all but the most greedy or just gullible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...