IGNORED

After 40 Years, My 1090xl Finally has a Card!!!

sup8pdct

You'll need an 80-column card and the 320K memory card to go with it.  If you have the keypad there is a card for that as well.  Am I forgetting any?

Does the original 1090 take a 9 volt AC adaptor?  I'm using a disk drive power supply for my remake 1090.  Works great.

Edited by Geister

1 hour ago, Geister said:

You'll need an 80-column card and the 320K memory card to go with it.  If you have the keypad there is a card for that as well.  Am I forgetting any?

Does the original 1090 take a 9 volt AC adaptor?  I'm using a disk drive power supply for my remake 1090.  Works great.

The original 1090XL had some minor issues that would result in some memory conflicts if more than one memory card were to be installed.  If the buffered refresh pin were to be raised from U7 or U7a, however, I think the new cards would work fine on an original 1090XL.  I'd have to check the original schematic for exact details.

Update:  U7, pin 9 or U7a1, pin 14.

2nd Update:  I just looked at the pictures.  The chips are soldered on the board.  😢

Edited by reifsnyderb

1 hour ago, Geister said:

Maybe how much commission you get?  🤣 😂 🤣

The original 1090 uses 9V AC, however the dc socket is 6.3mm od and about 2.8mm center pin. Ie larger then normal atari stuff. found something in my older laptop universal power supplies that fits. Now to make an adaptor

1 hour ago, sup8pdct said:

Maybe how much commission you get?  🤣 😂 🤣

The original 1090 uses 9V AC, however the dc socket is 6.3mm od and about 2.8mm center pin. Ie larger then normal atari stuff. found something in my older laptop universal power supplies that fits. Now to make an adaptor

None.  Fully paid up.  I've been waiting for this forever!

• Like 1