IGNORED

Pricing - Whats going on here?

Zonie

Amazon is a marketplace and you can also buy from different sellers on there.

You don't just buy from amazon themselves, they allow certain sellers to use their infrastructure.

You can definitely buy stuff that doesn't make sense on Amazon, so you should always check around if you decide that you want to buy something to see if it's available on Ebay for cheaper or on other platforms for cheaper first.

Edited by tradyblix

9 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Amazon is a marketplace and you can also buy from different sellers on there.

You don't just buy from amazon themselves, they allow certain sellers to use their infrastructure.

You can definitely buy stuff that doesn't make sense on Amazon, so you should always check around if you decide that you want to buy something to see if it's available on Ebay for cheaper or on other platforms for cheaper first.

Yes, I know all of that. Seems silly to ship international for free for $15 less. That means the margin is probably 2x of that to 40% of list.

14 hours ago, Zonie said:

Yes, I know all of that. Seems silly to ship international for free for $15 less. That means the margin is probably 2x of that to 40% of list.

What you're probably seeing is someone listed an Atari 2600+ on Amazon UK for just a little more than 114.40 and Amazon's beating that price.  Amazon will often price match so their stock sells.  

Amazon's prices change all the time.  I paid $114.86 for my Atari 2600+ from Amazon, shipped free (Prime) just a few weeks ago.

On 6/28/2024 at 7:41 PM, Zonie said:

What's going on here and why?

I seem to be able to order it from Amazon UK via my normal Amazon page for $114, $15 less than US Amazon, and Atari charges me $5.50 shopping for a total of $135.49.

"¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

image.thumb.png.6e5ef81dfb72f343bd0c7805b66e740c.png

image.thumb.png.40db1cc48d181594d2f63d1b47171111.png

image.thumb.png.d5ea95adf9cef96f2be904277bc9da63.png

Why would they be charging you $5.50 for shipping when it says free shipping?