IGNORED

Woahoow, just got indy 500 with controllers

khryssun

I never figure before how this game could be fun to play.

This game is really great !!!

As soon as I received the package I decided to try the game with my wife... we played for a very, very long time, testing all the variations... this game is such addictive...

The game was displayed in black and white because the cart is ntsc and my system (secam) works with pal games :(

If any of the persons I know here own an extra PAL cart of this game in good shape to sell.... please contact me, I'd really like to play it with colors ;)

Thanks

Isn't it true that Sprintmaster only has 8 degrees of rotation?

I know it would be a tougher hack, but I'd like to see it with 16. You probably couldn't keep the sprite shapes the way they are, though. You might have to just port over the shapes from Indy 500.

Very very few sprite shapes maintain their look with 16 different angles.

You might have to just port over the shapes from Indy 500.

I've already done this .. converted the Sprintmaster DC players over to Indy 500 cars. Because of a slight difference in display they don't look identical .. but it works for me.

I want to work on the title graphics some more .. then send back to Thomas to put the brake function back in .. and then we can play INDYSPRINT with the DC and with the foot pedal controller (Gas/Brake)!

Looking forward to a DD update!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I dunno.  There is still something missing from the control of SM vs. Indy 500 even with the DC mod.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Something in the physics.

It doesn't seem like the angles of rotation are right .. plus the acceleration is more instantaneous rather than gradual like Indy.

The game was displayed in black and white because the cart is ntsc and my system (secam) works with pal games  :(  

If any of the persons I know here own an extra PAL cart of this game in good shape to sell.... please contact me, I'd really like to play it with colors  ;)

Keep playing B&W, khryssun! Colors are nothing astonishing in this case, and the original arcade was B&W by the way! Be hardcore!

could someone make hack where you can use the =PADDLE CONTROLLERS? because driving controllers are hard to find, and imagine the 4 player action!

You can already play the game with a joystick (sucks). The Driving Controller is a commonly found item (<$5). Paddle Controller would be no fun at all!

The Driving Controller is a commonly found item (<$5)

Yup, but the currently necessary CC is maybe a bit too expensive. ;)

What about an emulator?

Is it possible to play two-player DC games with two paddles, btw? I'm thinking probably not. There is something about the way that Windows binds mice to the pointer, I don't think you can independently poll more than one at the same time.

I'd love to see an emulator that would let you, let's say, hook up 4 trackballs to a USB hub and play warlords. I doubt Anthology Remix allows that.