IGNORED

8BitDo SN30 Pro USB gamepad

Back2skooldaze

I've got to say after buying the Atari 2600+ i then jumped to the Atari 400 mini and was very dissapointed  in the controller stick! I found it very faffy and hitting wrong buttons while playing games and the non responsive action in a game as well as the stiff stick... I then googled a different controller to work with the 400 mini.. I finally stumbled on the 8BitDo SN30 Pro USB gamepad which i bought from Amazon instead of ebay...

I've got to tell you its a fantastic controller! well made does not feel cheap and it works more than i ever expected on the 400 mini... The response of the pad in games is fantastic.. 

Only thing to work out is mapping the controller but as it stands out of the box its brilliant! no lag everything is fast moving in games no slow response..

I was nearly put off the 400 mini due to the cx stick but now ive found the perfect pad/controller i am all over the 400 mini.. Just got a usb stick coming full of games etc.. so will be happy playing with different atari's..

Only thing is i can't seem to find any new firmware updates for the 400 mini? I updated the atari 2600+ with the latest stella firmware but nothing for the 400 mini?

Im also now considering buying the Atari gamestation Pro for the big tv on the wall...

Oh and i noticed there is a few more games on the 400 mini once the 8BitDo controller was plugged in :)