IGNORED

Adding Real Clues in Swordquest Fireworld Rom

Has any of the fans that know how to make rom hacks actually completed the Fireworld rom by putting in the comic page and panel numbers??  I keep reading over and over that the game released on the public back in the 1980s was basically useless for the contest due to the placeholders 1 - 9 being left in the code instead of the actual page and panel numbers of the comics being inserted like in the rest of the games.  It seems to me that someone with more brains than me should go in and hack the rom and fix that mistake and make it available to the 2600 community.  With the release of Airworld on the Atari 50 collection, it would be the first time in history that all 4 games are finally correct and solvable.

Personally, I never cared for the “implementation” of the comic book page references in the Swordquest series. I think the games themselves were fine. The graphics and sounds were good and the mini games were good. Wasn’t “great” for me, but all was good enough.

So if I had the ability to “hack” them, I would hack them to be playable (finishable) without need for any outside references. Such as place certain objects in certain rooms (similar to Adventure but obviously more intricate & involved) and then the game is solved.