IGNORED

Mystery switch (ROM Switcher?)

Hi all!  So I got this sweet Mega 4 ST from Ebay.  Works great, but there's this mystery switch that doesn't work when in the down mode.  When taking the chassis apart, I saw why - two wires are broken off. Here's the fun part; I'm hesitant to blindly re-solder wires in case I reverse them, plus they're incredibly thin.  Based on the photos alone, does the switch and rainbow ribbon cable provide any easy clues as to what the brand the switcher is?  (Otherwise, I'll leave it as is as I'm happy with 1.4...  or, if it doesn't seem a fatal risk, to guess which wire went where based on position of switch.)  

The other device with the blue cables appears to be a PC Ditto 2 device. Probably is a disk copier, will have to look that up...

Thanks!

20240705_152524.jpg

20240705_152541.jpg

20240705_152516.jpg

On 7/5/2024 at 7:04 PM, DarkLord said:

Not sure about the switch but PC-Ditto is a hardware PC emulator, AFAIK.

Dang. That will be fun. Thanks for the info!

More pics follow; it looks like it switches between 1.04 and 2.06.  The felt pad has largely disintegrated, making a mess. 

The connection over the expansion port has "bbt" is etched on it. Will keep googling and will try to get better photos, possibly disassembling the thing if I feel lucky. 

20240706_054519.jpg

20240706_054430.jpg

20240706_054405.jpg