IGNORED

TI professional computer (not ti-99) for now

10 minutes ago, GDMike said:

DREM showed up today for one of the TIpros 

And the monitor which I havent unwrapped yet 

IMG_20240903_122946678_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240903_122955071.jpg

They do look nice.. I still need to get one for my ti99 to use on my myarc hdfc. I just wish they were not so costly, runs about $450 Cad and they are Canadian designer as well, not fair.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

They do look nice.. I still need to get one for my ti99 to use on my myarc hdfc. I just wish they were not so costly, runs about $450 Cad and they are Canadian designer as well, not fair.

They didn't tell me that they didn't include cables My MFM hard drive uses edge connectors to the hd. But he has a male header on the DREM .

Edit..

I said they didn't tell me about the cables but apparently it's in the technical specs and set up document...

Edited by GDMike

54 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

OMG.

I can't see the labels on the big chips. The EPROM kinda looked like ITT COMP 1984.  Is/was it  a TIPC card? 

It was a ram module I have what I need I was just like to have an extra one but he sent me another message and said he couldn't find the one that he was selling and then if he  found it he'd let me know... Yeah whatever. 

Can't win them all I did pretty good with my monitor deal he wanted 350 and I got it for 175 so I'm not out anything but a bargain is a bargain and that's what I look for in this case.

• Sad 1

Okay moving on the one PC has a good power supply in it..

But PC number two well it's power supply went tits up and smoked up the house. 

And a few people commented when I showed a photos and said I could replace that component and be back up in business..

There was a bunch of dirt, nothing terrible but I cleaned everything up with alcohol and q-tips. 

Likewise for the motherboard after removing it.

So here's some photos

IMG_20240904_101858573_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240904_102914593_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240904_101431399_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

That's strange. Why reason why? Maybe he noticed the prices of the other ones and going to relist it higher. There is still the $50 one but doesn't look as nice.

Here is his reply.

So I told him yes I really want it but I wanted at the same price that it was listed at. 

I never heard back

Screenshot_20240904-085757.png

Edited by GDMike

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

I received the NEC chip replacement for the 8088, but That chip isn't socketed like the rest!!

Of course not That would be too easy..

That's strange. Normally the CPU was. TI didn't want you upgrading.. let me know how it works out when you get a socket added.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

That's strange. Normally the CPU was. TI didn't want you upgrading.. let me know how it works out when you get a socket added.

Going to have to send off the boards to Chris for desoldering and adding the socket because these boards are really delicate and I would screw up a trace somewhere if I did the job.

It's not quite the same as pulling a grom off of a cartridge.

4 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Easy Writer II for the TI Professional Computer has appeared for sale:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264987269893

Screenshot_20240914-014143.png

Thanks Gary. Getting on it. But I usually don't buy discs without the binders..

But I'll go ahead and do it this time and wait for the binders I guess another time. 

Edited by GDMike