IGNORED

TI professional computer (not ti-99) for now

Yeah I do have some literature and I verified those switches. 

Here's what I found out though today, now remember this card is two cards combined through a pinout connection on the main board of the card.

The base or main section of the board consists of the RTC some RAM, io functions.

The second part of the card which has its own bus port is just called rampack and it's just a bunch of RAM on a card.. and like I said these two cards interconnect through a 24-pin out.

So when I did the memory check without the card(s) in the computer, I got 64K of RAM reported, with the card inserted meaning both of bus ports of both cards in  their individual slots on the motherboard, then The ram jumps up considerably , meaning the computer is recognizing the main RAM on the main card.

Again, there is RAM on both parts The main board and the ram extension board. 

But when I removed the RAM extension card from the main card the RAM reported on the computer didn't change. It stayed at 262k as if it's not seeing the ram pack because like I said if the ram pack is on and installed it's not being reported by the computer. And the RTC is not being recognized

As in the photos

IMG_20241011_225849541_HDR.jpg

IMG_20241011_224836776_HDR.jpg

Edited by GDMike

Now I don't know what they're talking in the post above switch settings about when they say the memory cannot be accessed by the operating system? 

So how could I test for the rampack card?

Can anyone see what the switch settings should be? Like I said I looked at them and from what I gather they look okay. 

But maybe I'm missing something

Edited by GDMike

58 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Do you have the manual for this clock card? I see a number of jumper settings, maybe they are set wrong? and what are all the empty sockets for?

Yeah quite a few empty sockets I agree but the card came to me already in the computer and I don't have any reason to believe it wasn't working prior to the battery failure leakage. But I don't have anything to compare it to

Edited by GDMike

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

Have you tried something like greaseweazle thingy.

I've tried nothing except trying to read them as is.

Btw, ty for the eBay links. At least I do have the books if any are presented in the sell.

Edited by GDMike

Anyone familiar with these, well of course one is the spectrum time card that gives error 23(not my card).

Another is a time card that we can't find a driver for. 

And a couple of RAM cards of 256k

BUT this Spectrum card just like mine is also missing a few chips in it so it looks normal for the TI pro and this card. So one question is answered

Screenshot_20241013-120327.png

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1