IGNORED

What happened to the Hells Halls guy?

The really well-done TI BASIC game. Said he was going to make a sequel.

Looked at his youtube channel (PixelPendant) the other day and in the last few videos he turned into a she? Looks like no videos posted for a while now.

16 minutes ago, firebottle said:

The really well-done TI BASIC game. Said he was going to make a sequel.

Looked at his youtube channel (PixelPendant) the other day and in the last few videos he turned into a she? Looks like no videos posted for a while now.

@pixelpedant has not been around for a while.  Life happens.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I'd make a safe bet the sequel is in the works.  One of the mitsakes I used to make was updating folks on the games I was making 'cos it had the effect of putting more pressure on me.  Not sure if that's what happens with other games writers?  

I've retired from the games creating now.  And you know what?  Feels good.  :)

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Retrospect said:

One of the mistakes I used to make was updating folks on the games I was making 'cos it had the effect of putting more pressure on me.

Pros and cons. A bit of pressure is good - and can be bad. It's alright to take a pause, as "life" happens. 🙂

Not sure if that's what happens with other games writers?

Same. I really want to get back on the train, but can't really stick to just one project. Ideas span over 100+ projects. But also, when you stick to one project, and work through the huddles, it kind of pays off. 😁

I've retired from the games creating now. And you know what? Feels good. :)

😕 I know. Feels good to be free, but also ... you miss accomplishing something, - that you kind of "know" is right there in front of you ... 😐

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Retrospect said:

Soon, we get to call you the Michael Jordan of TI game development ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Retrospect said:

You'll be back. I always say that after I finish a particularly challenging project, then after a variable break doing something else (usually some kind of hardware hack) I start itching for yet another one. Never fails 🤨 The very thought of having a vintage machine sitting idle is very distressing to me. Perhaps time to see someone...

One mitigating factor against burnout, at least for me, is that I like to try different languages for my projects, which keeps my interest up. I've done Basic, XB, Forth, C, Pascal and A/L, with my next likely target being Logo. Our little TI certainly does not lack in terms of programming languages!

• Like 7

16 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

Same. I really want to get back on the train, but can't really stick to just one project. Ideas span over 100+ projects. But also, when you stick to one project, and work through the huddles, it kind of pays off. 😁

I don't have a single project at all , now.  I was going to do some improvements to my Frankenstein's Monster game, and Hunchback, but I'm just at the point where I feel depressed doing it.  I don't know why.  I'm just happier without trying to code.  It's nice to see what others are doing.  :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Retrospect said:

I wish I could say yes to that.  I just can't see it.  As I say though, I'm still here, still lurking around, watching what other people are up to. :)

Even if you end up not writing a single additional game, your outstanding legacy will remain. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 7/8/2024 at 2:36 AM, Retrospect said:

I'd make a safe bet the sequel is in the works.  One of the mitsakes I used to make was updating folks on the games I was making 'cos it had the effect of putting more pressure on me.  Not sure if that's what happens with other games writers?  

I think for me, announcing my upcoming intentions helps to keep me from slacking off too much.

Edited by Cheung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheung said:

I think for me, announcing my upcoming intentions helps to keep me from slacking off too much.

Looking forward to playing your Pac Man ++ game , Cheung :)  
Bare in mind some folks have taken years to get their games out, mostly 'cos of two things, real life intervenes and they're perfectionists some of 'em.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

Looking forward to playing your Pac Man ++ game , Cheung :)  
Bare in mind some folks have taken years to get their games out, mostly 'cos of two things, real life intervenes and they're perfectionists some of 'em.  

I'm too lazy for perfection so I try to release them when I'm sick of working on them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pixelpendant might be having quality of life issues like everyone

sometimes things like family or finance or unknown issues.

It has happened to me quite a few times and I disappeared

from the TI community for years.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 11:11 PM, Retrospect said:

I gave it a try.   All credit to BF 'cos he had a lot of patience but I wasn't in the right place for it at the time.  

Forth would try the patience of Job. :) 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 1:23 PM, RXB said:

Pixelpendant might be having quality of life issues like everyone

sometimes things like family or finance or unknown issues.

It has happened to me quite a few times and I disappeared

from the TI community for years.

As they say in the airline industry, SHIFT happens.